Absolut Ice Bar

London, England

Absolut Ice Bar London Reviews

kelleb kelleb
interesting concept! Feb 08, 2011
The Absolut Ice Bar in central London makes for a fun and memorable experience! The entire bar, including chairs, and even glasses - are made entirely of ice! We went on a Sunday early evening when it is a little cheaper. The cost is about £12 and includes one drink. Since it is so cold, you only get 40 minutes in the bar, so get there early to be one of the first in, maximizing your time in the bar and get a quick photo before it gets full! Also be sure to make a reservation. They provide you with a "designer" cape with hood and gloves which keeps you warm. The experience itself was fun. Not a place to visit often, but neat to do once.
ABSOLUT ICE BAR !
ekodsi ekodsi
Nice to visit once Mar 08, 2011
The Icebar in London is also known by the locals. It is worth to visit once but not a place to visit often. The cost is 14 pounds to get in for an hour including one drink. They give you a heavy jacket with gloves. The room is a bit small. Everything is made out of ice; the bar, glasses, seats and sculptures. After 20 min the cold really hits you and you will be ready to leave. You can order more drinks and pay as you go along. THe maximum time you can spend there is one hour.
Jen1107 Jen1107
Sep 06, 2007
If you are looking for something a little different to do in London, the Ice Bar is a lot of fun! It's definitely not a bar worth frequenting, but it is a fun experience. The entire bar is 5 degrees Celcius...so it's pretty cold. The reason they do this though is because the ENTIRE place is made of ice! Yup, everything...the walls, the tables, the bar itself, even your GLASS!!! They redesign it twice a year, but when I was there they even had an igloo and an ice telephone booth! I don't know if this is true or not, but I've heard that there are only three of these bars in the world. Don't worry about being cold in there, they give you a "designer" cape (it looks great in photos haha) and gloves to wear while you are inside. I didn't use my gloves though, as it was hard to take pictures and even hold my glass with them on. You won't notice the cold though, as it is such a fun experience. It is 12 pounds to get in (15 if you go on Thursday, Friday, or Saturday), but this includes one drink. You are only allowed to stay inside for 40 min. You reserve a time to go inside, and everyone with that scheduled time is allowed in at the same time. Then, after 40 min. they send everyone out. They recommend making reservations. The first time I went I was in a very large group, and we still had no trouble getting the time we wanted when we made our reservation a day ahead of time. **Make sure you get there on time, because if you don't they will still start without you, and you will have less than 40 minutes inside.** I went once with a group of friends and then a second time when my Mom came to visit...even my Mom loved it!!! If you decide to go, don't forget to bring your camera!!!
Absolut Ice Bar
The Bar
The menu and our glasses (made of …
Our bartender
kelleb says:
Nice review.. I went here too and thought it was pretty neat !!
Posted on: Jan 31, 2011