Abraham House

Abraham House Rates and Deals

Abraham House Dublin Reviews

ursa_p ursa_p
very nice Nov 05, 2010
Stayed there when our Couchsurfers bailed on us, so we had to find something really fast and cheap with good reviews :)

It was 10€ per person per night in a 12 bed room with an ensuite bathroom.

The room was very bright and spacious, it really didn't feel like there was 10 people in it (only at night tanks to snoring swedish guy :) the bathroom was nice, basic and clean.

We stayed on top floor so we had a nce view, downstairs is a reception with a commn room and tv area and in the basement is kitchen and dining room where they serve REALLY good breakfast! Really yummy!

The area was nice, alot of hostels and hotels even though our friends from Dublin told us it wasn't the nicest area we had no problems waliking home in the middle of the night :)

The street is really close to the main O'Connell street and we didn't have to use any transportation to get around Dublin because everything was really close.

Also very near the hostel is the train station.

I would recommend it to everyone that looks for a nice, simple and clean hostel close to the centre of Dublin.
divinechaos divinech…
Delightful Dubliners Apr 02, 2009
It's been over a year since I've stayed at this hostel, and I'm still recommending it to people.

After an extremely exhausting trip in London, being separated by some of our travel buddies, and simply just being entirely worn out--The Abraham House staff could not be more welcoming.

We were early for check in, and had a room booked from 6 (to be shared with either 2 or 4 other people). After asking what the soonest we could get to our room was, we essentially collapsed infront of their TV (none of us had actually watched TV for about 3 months at this point--Spongebob was welcome).

Apparently they pitied our patheticness and they not only upgraded our room so that the 6 of us may have a private room AND bathroom, they allowed us to check in nearly 3 or 4 hours early.

The only hassle is the actual layout of the building. If you plan on being any sort of inebriated, you had better draw yourself a map before you go out. The sections are color coordinated to make it easier, but only slightly so.

The shower was shockingly thorough. It was almost on par with a power-washer, but I never felt cleaner (and after a week of either cold or disappointing showers in London, it was well worth it).
Malena23 Malena23
a hostel close to the city centre Jul 21, 2008
Abraham house is rather a nice hostel. It's relatively close to the city centre (around 10 minutes from the city centre and 15 minutes from the temple bar). It's also easy to get to the airport from the hostel, because the airport bus stop is just across the street from the hostel. It can be very noisy sometimes though, especially during the weekend, but I guess most hostels in Dublin are.

The hostel has 24 hour reception and a good luggage storage

where one can leave their valuables, such as laptop. The rooms are nice, but unfortunately the kitchen wasn't particularly good - it was rather dirty and both the fridge and cabinets were full. What I was the most dissapointed about though was that some people were sent to wrong rooms and they had to wake up in the middle of the night to change the bed.

The staff in general was friendly and helpful - they helped me to book another hostel in Galway and gave me tips what to see in western Ireland.
danorwick danorwick
Sep 01, 2007
This place was OK. The most OK hostel I have been to and ever hope to go to again. The room was pretty nice, there was no problem with that. The breakfast was basic (roll and coffee, plus some orange juice which had been very diluted). It was a bit ridiculous that it shut ten minutes before the 10am than it was listed til. The kitchen was pretty nice, and was kept very well. However the hostel was not fun at all. I guess that it is not its responsibility to provide for fun, but a large part of the appeal for me to go to hostels is this aspect. This seemed to have only a small lounge with solo armchairs, probably for relaxing on your own.

What was most disappointing to me was the service at the reception. We saw a lot of different people behind the desk in our 4-night stay, and they were not very helpful at all. The could answer virtually none of our questions regarding the city, its tourism or in fact anything straight. Our shower leaked while we were out and although the guy was quickly over to clear up the mess, there was a definite tone of accusation at us where he would have been better directing his attention to a faulty washer. We also had a problem with getting our deposit for the safe back as we were told we had paid for a single night as opposed to the four we actually had done.

So if you want a bed and expect nothing more this place is clean, very secure and pretty cheap. However, I would never recommend this place to a friend, so go and take a chance elsewhere as there were plenty more in the area to choose from (which by the way was not poorly situated as O'Connell street was about 3 minutes away, and nowhere is ever more than 30 minutes walk in Dublin!).
carolyn3723 carolyn3…
Jun 12, 2007
This hostel was pretty good...they had origionally lost my online reservation, but were able to get me a room anyway (I think in the exact place I would have been anyway). The staff came with great reviews, but I wasn't overly impressed...I would say about average, and one girl was selectivly helpful...when she wanted to be.

The beds were pretty comfy, linen was included and a big fluffy blanket. The biggest issues, one I was on the 6th floor...and there was no elevator...that was fun!

The other issue was in the morning there was no water...not just a lack of pressure, but for minutes on end...while showering...I lost all water, so I just had to stand there and wait, which was kind of sucky. When it did come on the first few minutes were scaulding hot...too hot for me, so I had to wait even more.

Security is good here, after a certian time no one but guests allowed inside...not even to pee as my friend found out!

They had free, but slow internet...and the lobby was a busy place during the day, people hanging out, playing the guitar and singing...quite lively!
philmervis philmerv…
Jun 21, 2007
I stayed in the Abraham House a few years back over Christmas time and found it to be one of the best hostels i have stayed in in Europe. THe place was super secure, and the bathrooms in the room were a plus. I stayed in a room with 7 other people, but everyone was courteous and respectful. The location isn't too bad in regards to the Temple Bar district (about a 15 minute walk across the bridge) and there are alot of kebab shops, etc. when you need a bite to eat close by.
Robin1109 Robin1109
Jan 16, 2007
Abraham House was a nice hostel not too far from the Temple Bar

district as well as the main bus/train station in Dublin. It was a

fairly quiet street and the hostel itself had quiet guests. There

wasn't too much exciting going on here but it was the perfect place for

us to sleep, shower and grab a bite to eat. The rooms were clean and

spacious enough. The ensuite toilet and shower were a bonus. It's a

good place to stay if you want to be able to relax after a long day or

night in Dublin.

Abraham House Amenities

• High-speed Internet
  • Non-Smoking Rooms
  • Safe-Deposit Box
  • Hair Dryer
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower