About Alaska

Alaska, United States

About Alaska Reviews

clwindom clwindom
Nov 05, 2007
Your trip will depend on where you fly into.

You can fly into Juneau (the capital) spend a day looking about the town. See the glacier, hike a mountain (or take our tram up one). I recommend eating at the Twisted Fish! They are only seasonal, but should be open until the end of September.

Then I would take a ferry to Haines or Skagway and drive up north towards anchorage. On the way there you'll hit a small town called Tok. There isn't much there, but their restaurant/hotel called Fast Eddies is pretty decent. It's a really nice drive. It should only take you a day to drive, maybe 2 (depends on how many stops you make and when you started).

Once you get to Anchorage I'd leave right away!! No one should go to Alaska just to be in a big city. I'd drive up north more or out west towards Nome. There is also a town called Chicken. I've never been, but who wouldn't want to be in a town called Chicken??

Alaska is so big it'll take some time to get everywhere, but it's a beautiful place and I think you'll love it!
A beautiful snow caped mountain in…
marksreynolds says:
Some day we'll get up there :)
Posted on: Mar 12, 2009
jaypost says:
Hope to see your homeland next year. hiking, rafting, eating, the water, the mountains, and the vast space. I can't wait.
Posted on: Nov 08, 2007
russellshriver says:
I would highly recommend renting an RV for your trip. I would also recommend going in early to mid Sept as the bugs have largely left by that point and the scenery is still great. If you wait until late Sept you will find many of the parks and other attractions have already closed for the season.
Posted on: Nov 06, 2007