Abou El Seed

Abou El Seed Cairo Reviews

kiwiegyptian kiwiegyp…
Highly recommended! Great food, great atmosphere! Mar 16, 2011
I LOVE this place!

If you are looking for great authentic Egyptian food, you don't need to go eat off the street and have to worry about getting sick!

This place makes all the traditional Egyptian dishes that any Egyptian grew up on, and they make it GOOD! They have dishes like molokheya (green soupy thing - best dish ever!), Sharkaseya which is tender chicken on rice with walnut sauce (one of their specialties) and other traditional Egyptian dishes.

The decor is very traditional and set up like olden times, and the waiters all wear traditional outfits too. I personally think their decor is very authentic.

What I love about this place, is the fact that it is a nice, chic, upscale restaurant that did not decide to focus on European cuisine in order to attract business like many upscale restaurants in Egypt do. They focused on traditional Egyptian food! And they do it good! Some of those dishes are even better than what my mother makes at home (and my mother is an excellent Egyptian cook!)

I don't want to sound like an ad for this place, but whenever I am in Egypt and go to this place I just feel like I had a real Egyptian experience (in fact I cannot go back home without visiting this place or at least ordering take-away from there). You have great food in a clean place and you can have shisha afterwards which is always a good finish to any meal!

I seriously recommend this place to anyone travelling to Egypt. It is a bit more expensive than the food you will get in the street, but you get what you pay for!
kiwiegyptian kiwiegyp…
Great place to eat! Excellent food! Mar 16, 2011
I LOVE this place!

salmamr salmamr
Great Egyptian food and atmosphere Jun 04, 2011
This is a fun place to eat in Cairo. The menu is distinctly Egyptian, the mixed mezze starters include a very tasty foul and excellent baba ganoush. The molokeiya with grilled rabbit is also recommended. The decor is decidedly kitsch, with paintings of leading Cairene singers and film stars from the old days adorning the walls. You might want to reserve before you go, just in case. It's smoky, because they serve Hookahs there.
TravellingAuntie Travelli…
Great atmosphere Jan 16, 2010
We went to the branch in Zamalek which, as other reviews have mentioned, was packed with locals and tourists. Reservations highly recommended.

It is difficult to find, with no signage outside the large door. Luckily all the locals know it.

The atmosphere is wonderful, dark & inviting, with a strong Middle Eastern theme. The sheesha bar helps make the atmosphere even more inviting, but the food was mediocre. Not bad, but we certainly had much better. It was our first introduction to the Egyptian chicken, a sad, skinny, dry animal. It was also our first introduction to the wonderful dish, Khosary - vegetarian and excellent! Can be spiced up to one's heart's content.

I would recommend it for a drink and a sheesha and then you wouldn't need reservations! If you do eat, avoid the chicken.

Moderately priced, good service.
The Sheesha bar
The restaurant
The understated front door - hard …
Biedjee Biedjee
Excellent Egyptian and Lebanese food Mar 03, 2008
It's expensive for Egyptian standards, but worth it. Apart from the two branches mentioned by Tamerrashad, there is also a new branch at the top floor of the Citystars mall.

This is a great place to try out that Egyptian specialty staple like "Stuffed Pigeon" or "Molokheya with Rabbit".

For starters you just get a selection of Lebanese mezze with bread, and after dinner you wind down lurking on a delicious sheesha.

The place is usually packed with tourists and locals alike, so reservations are a must.

Alcohol is served and all major credit cards accepted.
Abou el Sid
Abou el Sid
Mr Sid himself
Aniseed flavoured Sheesha and beer…
tamerrashad tamerras…
Jun 20, 2007
If you want egyptian food, and nice shesha and nice arabic style.

Check Cairo Hotel Deals