Abeno Too

17-19 Great Newport Street, London, United Kingdom

Abeno Too London Reviews

sbhat72 sbhat72
Affordable, different and delightful Apr 28, 2011
You're either going to love the food or your going to hate it. It's polarising. Personally, I love it. Oh, what is the food? Well, it's Japanese non-sushi food. In essence, and I mean no disrespect to the food, it's a fancy/posh omelette/pancake made all the more cool since the food is cooked in fron tof you.

Okonomiyaki is the style (I believe) which means "what you like" or "what you want", and yaki meaning "grilled" or "cooked". The menu is best value at lunch when for £11.80 you will get Miso soup, side dish of the day and the okonomiyaki of your choice. The dishes a varied enough to suit vegetarians and meat eaters but - please not they'll both be cooked on the same hot plate so speak up if you don't like that.

Overall, it's quirky, fun, comfort food that's a little different from the ordinary and well worth a visit.
sbhat72 says:
They have other food too but I've never tried it. I'll find it tomorrow and let you know what else they have. Once I find food I like ... i tend to stick to it lol
Posted on: May 03, 2011
yasuyo says:
Very nice review:)
Actually,Okonomiyaki is my local's food!! We take it very often and enjoying make at home also:)
They only has Okonomiyaki as menu?
Looks nice restaurant!
Posted on: May 03, 2011
sbhat72 says:
It is well worth it (in my view). But 2 of my friends don't like it ...
Posted on: Apr 28, 2011