Abel Tasman National Park

New Zealand

Abel Tasman National Park Reviews

dutch_duke dutch_du…
Marvelous Hiking In New Zealand Apr 02, 2008
Hi all nature lovers or hikers,

One of the most beautifull things i have seen on one of my trips is Abel Tasman NP.

This is New Zealand's smallest national park, protecting 23,000 hectares of the most natural stretch of easily accessible coastline in New Zealand.

I (we) went from our hostel to the park by bus. (20 NZ$ incl admission for the park.

2 tours can be made. 3 days hiking trips

Firstone is the inland hiking tour

Secondone is the coast tour.

We took the coast tour.

We brought along a tent, but in the park (you get a map with you) there are also sleeping cabins. Where you can hide for rain, or just make dinner, sleeping or whatever.

You can't get lost but it's a lot of hiking. (i whas untrained with a big backpack + tent) Not that hard. But it's well wurth it.

It is fantastic, great, marvelous etc etc etc.

No bodey arround, just skinny dipping on the most beautifull beaches you can imagen.

No i don't work for new zealand ambassee :D, i just would like to shar all these beautifull things with you guys!

The only think that is irritating (when you sleep in a tent) sandfly's.

Furtermore, fanominal!!

What you also can do, take a ferry/boat directly to the end point (where the trail ends) and there is a big cabin-sort of bar-restaurant in the most beautifull location. This if you don't like hiking.

I would give an advice, if your there when it rained alot, DO NOT take the inland route. It will be very hard and muddy.

If you whant to know more, ask me or check out this great site:

Beautifull pictures there and more options, like kayaking and a virtual tour!
New Zealand Map