Abdi Homestay, Harau Valley, Payakumbuh

Check Sumatra Hotel Deals

Abdi Homestay, Harau Valley, Payakumbuh Sumatra Reviews

halilee halilee
Fell in love! May 13, 2014
We spent 2 nights here and I wish we would have had more. There is just a handful of cabins at this homestay, and are comfortable and a nice size with a great patio area overlooking the rice paddies and karst mountains and cliffs. A waterfall flows in full view of the homestay. The views really can't be beat.

The rooms have large beds , clean sheets. Towels are provided. There is no shower per se, just bucket showers that you poured on yourself which did the job. The homestay has been upgraded and all the cabins have electricity, plugins, and lighting which was a pleasant surprise for us. It's still a basic stay, but absolutely wonderful and characterful.

The food here is really quite good, we had curry chicken, green beans, rice, and these veggie paddy things that were delicious. They also serve beer! Breakfast was included and was omelettes or pancakes.

There's a nice little area for a fire at night and is quite pleasant. Some if the staff play guitar and sing, really enjoyable. The staff and Ikbal are awesome. Very friendly, making sure everything is good and that we are happy and well taken care of. They will also do tours in and around Harau valley. We did one for 500,000 idr for 2 people, doing the valley trek visiting at least half a dozen waterfalls. It was one of my favorite days in Indonesia.

I would highly recommend this homestay , that and this whole area and West Sumatra in general deserve so much more tourism than it currently gets as it almost untouched right now. I would love to make it back here someday and when I do, I'll be going to Abdi's!
the bungalows
view from the back
the bathroom
bedroom
halilee says:
LOL well we did go to the waterfall one day! :D
Posted on: Jul 28, 2014