Abc hostel

Check Singapore Hotel Deals

Abc hostel Singapore Reviews

adidunx86 adidunx86
warmly home experience with you in mind at all times Mar 16, 2011
ABC is located in the Central Business District of Singapore and travelling around the island is an ease with the nearby transportations, including the MRT (Mass Rapid Transit) at Bugis Station. We are also surrounded by both mega and smaller shopping malls as well as shop houses; satisfying your shopping desire. In addition, most buildings have been renovated into houses, thus you may get a glimpse of Singapore’s history and its culture.

In the hostel you can find a lounge, a restaurant with complimentary breakfast every morning and computer with internet access at the lobby for you to connect with your family, friends and colleagues.
mitmutmitun mitmutmi…
ABC Backpackers Hostel Sep 04, 2010
We stay at this hostel from 31th July-2 August 2010. We found it from hostelworld.com, value for money and easy to find from the airport. From Changi International Airport just take East West Line MRT (green line) Boon Lay direction. Get off at Bugis station, exit with the main staircase to the street level walk towards onto Victoria Street. Once on the street level just walk towards onto Kallang Road and found Jalan Kubor (after Jalan Kledek). The hostel will be about 20 m down on the left hand side after Santa Grand Bugis Hotel.

It is located in the Bugis district in Singapore, 5 minute walk to the subway (MRT Bugis station) and Bugis Market (Iluma @Bugis, Bugis Junction & Bugis Village). 10 minute walk to Queen Street bus terminal (bus terminal to Malaysia). 5 minute walk to Sultan Mosque and halal restaurant along North Bridge Road.

On the first night we pay 18$ Sing/night for 8 bed mixed dorm room-shared bathroom with no window, but every room are equipped with fire alarm signal. The second night we upgrade the room onto double private room shared bathroom (still with no window :D) for 55$ Sing/night. We had our own linen and blanket, safety locker (but you should bring padlock by your self for safety and they didn't provide it), free towel and free breakfast every morning; toast with jam and tea or cofee.
our private room; double bed
YantiSoeparno YantiSoe…
Simple but Satisfying Nov 13, 2009
Since I am too lazy to write a review now, so I copied and pasted some information from http://www.hostelworld.com/hosteldetails.php/ABC-Hostel/Singapore/33255 about the hostel and added some ;-)

Facilities they have and what I found:

- Free usage of High Internet for all guests: YES, THEY PROVIDE 6 PCs TO BE USED BY THE GUESTS FREELY

- Clean Toilet & Shower room: YES, WITH WARM WATER TOO ;-) AND I DIDN’T NEED TO STAND IN LINE, MAYBE BECAUSE I USED IT AT 5 AM AND MIDNIGHT ;D

- Singapore travel information: I SAW THEY HAVE PRINTED INFORMATION ABOUT SINGAPORE BUT I DIDN’T USE IT. THEY HAVE INFORMATION ABOUT BUS NUMBERS TOO AND THE STAFF COULD GIVE ME SUGGESTION WHICH BUS TO USE TO GET SOME PLACES ;-)

- Handicapped & Crippled Toilet available: YES, IT CAN BE USED BY NON HANDICAPPED TOO ;D

- Free breakfast included for all room guests: EVEN ONLY BREAD, MARGARINE, JAM, TEA, COFFE, AND SUGAR, IT WAS ENOUGH FOR ME. AND THE GUESTS HAVE TO WASH ALL THE UTENSILS THEY USE :-) GOOD IDEA ;-)

- Tidy & Flexible kitchen: YES, IT IS, BUT ONLY IT IS ADJACENT TO A TOILET :-(

- Free usage of kitchenware: YES, I THINK SO, CAUSE I DIDN’T USE IT

- Microwave & Toaster are provided: I SAW ANOTHER GUEST USED IT

- Full-sized Lockers in all rooms: BIG ENOUGH FOR ME ;-)

- Hot & Cold Shower: YES, IT IS MENTIONED ABOVE

- 24 Hours Friendly staff on-site: MOSTLY I SAW THEM AT THE FRONT OFFICE, UNLESS THE FIRST TIME I CAME :-(

- CCTV security surveillance: I DIDN’T PAY ATTENTION TO THIS

- Automated fire & smoke safety systems: I DIDN’T PAY ATTENTION TO THIS EITHER

- Fully certified by Singapore Tourism Board: I DON’T KNOW THIS :P

ADDITIONAL NOTE:

It was my first time to stay at a hostel. I was shocked by the limited area of the rooms. I stayed at a private double bed room at the first night and a female dorm at the second night. There is no window in the room. The mattress is not good too, but I can’t complain :P

What I like from this hostel is the staffs are friendly and helpful. Another advantage for me as a muslim, the hostel is very closed to Sultan Mosque. Since, the room is very tight, I prefer to pray at the mosque. Besides that, it is easy to find halal food around. Last but not least, they have shower jets in the toilets. It is very useful and comfortable for me both as an Indonesian and a muslim.
From ourside
Private Double Bed Room
Private Double Bed Room
YantiSoeparno says:
Saya rasa singapura relatif aman.... selama saya bepergian di sana tidak ada kejadian yang tidak diharapkan sehubungan dengan keamanan. Saya sering jalan sendiri malam hari dari MRT station ke hostel dan tidak ada masalah. Happy travel ;-)
Posted on: Apr 30, 2010
enjita says:
saya berencana dan sudah memesan kamar untuk menginap di abc hostel dan sedang menunggu reply dari pihak hostel. karna saya akan berpergian sendirian, apakah hostel abc dan daerah sekitanya cukup aman untuk wanita yang berpergian sendirian? ada tips nya tidak atau ada tempat2 yang harus dihindari?

terima kasih banyak.
Posted on: Apr 29, 2010
YantiSoeparno says:
Everybody, thanks for the congrats ;D
Posted on: Nov 16, 2009

Abc hostel Overview

The ABC Hostel is ideally located for sightseeing in Singapore with Masjid Sultan Mosque nearby and Immigration and Checkpoints Authority and Golden Mile Complex an easy stroll away. Singapore city centre is within a 10 minute drive from the hostel.

The ABC Hostel staff are available 24-hours a day and can assist with booking tours and tickets. For the comfort and safety of guests, the hostel offers non-smoking rooms. A wireless internet connection is available for use. In addition to a dry cleaning service and a laundry service, the hostel also offers security and video surveillance in public areas and luggage storage.

Abc hostel Amenities

• CD Player
  • DVD Player
  • Laundry service
  • Excursions
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes
  • Shared Bathroom
  • Shower
  • Security and video surveillance in public areas
  • Luggage Storage