Abbey Court Hotel London

Abbey Court Hotel London Rates and Deals

Abbey Court Hotel London Reviews

monkeymia79 monkeymi…
Solo traveller. Mar 25, 2012
As this was my first overseas holiday, I wanted to find a hostel or hotel that was both budget friendly and 'safe.'

I preferred a private room with an ensuite if possible.

After looking into hostels, I came across Abbey Court Hotel. It was both budget friendly and offered a single private room.

As the price was so good, I wasn't really expecting much however on arrival I found a clean, respectful hotel.

As I arrived at 6.30am, I had asked the hotel if I could store my luggage in the luggage room prior to check in. This was okay so when I got there the front desk staff gave me the key to the luggage room. However they do state that they won't be responsible for lost luggage, it is strictly the guests responsibility.

On check in I found the room to be on the smaller side however ample for myself. There was a cupboard and bed side drawers so I unpacking and storing the bag in the wardrobe.

The room contained coffee and tea making facilities and an ensuite.

The hotel offers free wifi in the common areas as well as 2 computers with free internet (20 minutes at a time.) Guests wishing to use the internet just need to inform the front desk staff who activate the computer.

On my 3rd day there I was travelling to Paris for the day so I asked the front desk staff if they could organize a cab to take me to St Pancras Station, this was no problem for the staff.

The location of the hotel is ideal. It is located within a 3 minute walking distance to Paddington Station (on the Heathrow Express line) and serviced by both Circle and District tube lines. These 2 lines offer direct transport to many of the popular attractions in London.

Located nearby are restaurants, convenience stores and pubs. Even at night, I felt comfortable and safe walking back from the train station.

One thing that I remember however is that the front desk staff asks for your room keys before you leave for the day. When you return you state your room number and your key is returned.

At the time I didn't even think about it however now I think it was a strange practice. In my tourism course we were informed to never state customers room numbers aloud due to safety reasons. However this practice might have changed since.

Overall, I was very happy with Abbey Court Hotel and would stay there again.
Common area at Abbey Court Hotel.
monkeymia79 says:
Thanks Emem, its such a weird practice.

I get that it helps to cut down on lost keys though.
Posted on: Mar 10, 2016
EmEm says:
Nicely written review. It had the same experience of leaving the room key in a hotel in another country, even when I was going to the hotel's beach.
Posted on: Mar 10, 2016

Abbey Court Hotel London Overview

In a quiet, tree-lined avenue, overlooking the peaceful Talbot Square Gardens, this 3-star hotel is close to Hyde Park and Oxford Street, less than 350 metres from London Paddington Station. The Abbey Court Hotel (Hyde Park) is within easy walking distance of Marble Arch, the West End and the shops of Oxford Street. Beautiful, peaceful Hyde Park is just a short stroll away. Paddington, Lancaster Gate and Edgware Road London Underground Stations are all just a few minutes' walk away and plenty of local buses stop nearby. All of the hotel's attractive en suite rooms have TVs, telephones, tea/coffee, and hairdryers. A buffet breakfast is available every day in the spacious breakfast room. The hotel has a 24-hour reception desk, a lift to all floors and a shared public computer with internet access in the lobby. Some limited car parking is available on site at great-value rates. By public transport: Paddington, Lancaster Gate and Edgware Road stations are just a few minutes walk away, with a great number of bus routes easily accessible. By air: The Heathrow Express and Air Bus Link (A2) to Heathrow Airport are both within 5 minutes walk.

Abbey Court Hotel Amenities