Abacus Restaurant, Garden & Bar

Stone Bridge, Siem Reap, Cambodia

Abacus Restaurant, Garden & Bar Siem Reap Reviews

RiuEn RiuEn
The best dining experience Oct 20, 2011
After reading the recommendatons from local guide book, visited at this restaurant in October during our 10 days stay in Siem Reap,. Excellent French restaurant for a change of the local cuisine.Simple dishes, nice portions ,not too elaborate, simply exquisite, good wine list .Good staff and the owner, nice interior design and garden. The best dining experience throughout your stay.
thenewextrememimi thenewex…
Dec 29, 2007
I went to Abacus just because I heard it served crocodile, but it actually has some awesome food. The menu is French with exotic touches, with lots of tasty sounding items. I believe both the bartender and chef are French as well, or at least that's what they were speaking to each other. There's a bar and several tables with cozy wicker chairs laid out in the open air restaurant, cooled with several fans.

My curry crocodile was absolutely delicious. The crocodile came in two separate parts: a tender, scrumptious white meat crocodile tail, and several dark meat croc chunks. This actually enlightened me to why all the gator I've had tasted so differently -- the gator I had in the Amazon was better because it was a tail filet, while gator in the US usually comes in dark meat nugget form.

The curry sauce was actually served on the side -- a light, creamy, definitely not authentically Indian/Asian, but still delicious. The dish came with two sides of your choice -- I had the pumpkin mashed potatoes and the ratatouille. The potatoes were especially excellent.
thenewextrememimi says:
Yah, you guys have some good grub in norway. I have a long list of adorable animals I'd like to eat if i ever get there. I heard you can eat reindeer? Mmmm, rudolf, tasty.
Posted on: Jan 21, 2008
CFD says:
For a tip for good meat i can suggest sheep and whale, even as people might think its politically incorrect (its not,but this is not the place for a discussion about whaling)
Posted on: Jan 19, 2008
thenewextrememimi says:
The tail part is like chicken, but better -- white meat, tender, meaty. The dark meat is kinda gamey. Still good, but not my fav.
Posted on: Jan 19, 2008