AVIS in Chicago O’hare International Airport

Terminal 5, Chicago, IL, USA

AVIS in Chicago O’hare International Airport Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Fast and great service May 24, 2012
I arrived in Terminal 5, which luckily is a quite small terminal of the 5 terminals in O’hare. The good thing is that is not that crowded and leaving the airport area is quite easy and fast. One thing that can be tricky if you don’t know it is to find the car rental area because the sign’s in the terminal regarding how to find the car rental area are more than limited.

In order to find them you have to step outside to left side of the terminal and take a bus to your preferred car rental vendor. Almost each company has their own buses and they drive by every 5th or 10th minute. I was using AVIS this time and they share bus with Budget.

The bus will take you to the entrance of the service center where you just walk in the queue to the service desks. I arrived around 6.30 pm local time on a Thursday evening and there were hardly any queue. I was quite fast services by a sweet young girl who found my booking. I had booked a mid-size SUV but asked her if they had an upgrade that she wanted to offer me.

She found me a BMW X3 that I could have for an additional 25$ a day and I went for it. I took full insurance like I always do in the States because it make the return of the car much easier and I even took the empty gas return option, which you in general loose money but if your are short on time in the returning it is pretty nice to have.

The car was brand new and had an inbuilt GPS and that was okay with me. 5 minutes later my car was ready outside the main entrance and I was on my way towards Indianapolis.

The return of the car the same place was really easy as well as there only is one return place in the airport. The cars are returned next to where the car rental bus take you to your terminal, but count on that it will take you 30 minutes to return the car inclusive the bus drive back to the terminal and you will be in good time to your plane.
AVIS in O'Hare - I could not rent …

Check Chicago Hotel Deals