AVIS car rental in Frankfurt Airport

Frankfurt Airport, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
AVIS car rental in Frankfurt Airport - The blue C3 from AVIS at the parking near my hotel
AVIS car rental in Frankfurt Airport - The burnt out Mercedes next to where I was parked after the smoke and firefighters had left
AVIS car rental in Frankfurt Airport - The smoked C3
AVIS car rental in Frankfurt Airport - The rental return of AVIS

AVIS car rental in Frankfurt Airport Frankfurt am Main Reviews

Chokk Chokk
The return of a smoked car!! Nov 04, 2010
It was my first time in Frankfurt airport and naturally also renting a car there. The car rentals were situated in one of the far corners of the huge terminals. It was quite a walk before I was there and spotted the AVIS both in the far end of the car rental area.

There were two persons in AVIS rental and no queue; but I still had the good fortune of having to enter all the data in the systems twice because she made a mistake. I was a bit amazed that their system didn’t allow correction and that she to re-enter all my personal data. One thing that they managed to do straight away was to give me a GPS; I had forgotten my own GPS and I was lucky to get one.

The rental cars were situated even further away through a long tunnel and after another long walk I found my Citroen C3. Before I had left the garage I was contacted by an over-eager woman that wanted me to turn off the engine. I said firmly no, because I was just about to leave; sometimes this environmental over eagerness can be just too much.

The car was nice but I was not able to return it as clean as when I received it. Due to a fire in a car parked almost next to the C3 in the parking cellar at the conference centre where I stayed the car smelt really badly of fire and on top of that the car was quite sticky from the sprinkler water as well. The girl retrieving the car just smiled when I told the story and smiled at it.

One thing I liked in the airport was that the signs to the car rental return were quite good and it made it easy to return the car.
The blue C3 from AVIS at the parki…
The blue C3 from AVIS at the parki…
The burnt out Mercedes next to whe…
The smoked C3