AVIS Car Rental in Schiphol

Schiphol Airport, Schiphol, Netherlands

AVIS Car Rental in Schiphol Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Fair and square Jul 06, 2011
I have for not so long ago rented a car at Hertz Car Rental in the same airport and I was eager to compare the two. I already knew that the two vendors were situated next to each other and their car were situated almost next to each other as well. The service at the reception desk was nice and there was no queue at all.

They found my reservation right away and I was given a Volvo S60 automatic which is a nice car to drive but not the best if you are 5 persons like we were. I had called my travel agency in order to ask for a large car and se said that they had booked a 5 person car. I could not blame AVIS this but the car was way too small for us. I asked if I could another but it was not possible; it was the largest they had.

Except for the long march to the car parking everything went quite well at the hand out of the car. My car was parked as the first car to leave the area. I had brought a GPS which I always do but in this car it was standard equipment. I tried to use it just for fun but someone had turned it on Portuguese so I never managed to make it work. The delivery of the car went also quite easy and all in all it was a good service I received.
The huge Volvo S 60
Chokk says:
I understand your experience - I wanted to have a larger car because we were 5 guys and there was no flexibility at all from their side. I dont think that they have that many cars; it is never possible to change car there. The S60 do have a trunk and I know they have several cars there with a trunk. I have now rented at both AVIS and Hertz there and non of them has actually a good fleet.

Car rentals are in general priced steeply in Holland, the Nordic, and the Baltic region due to high tax on cars. Paying close to 200$ a day is almost normal for a small car.
Posted on: Jul 18, 2011
poohstanggt says:
You had better luck than we did -- I can't remember the type of car we got but it didn't even hold one large suitcase in the "trunk". Ironically, Avis told us they don't have ANY cars in their fleet that have real trunks, but the Volvo S60 sure looks like it does. ;-) This happened in April of this year. We fought w/them for quite awhile and there was nothing they claimed they could do despite Brett being on a big local Dutch company account. He was there for meetings and needed to transport people back and forth everyday and it barely was a 4 seater and we had to put the seats down just to get 2 suitcases in and I was forced to ride with some luggage by my feet. We'd rather pay out of pocket then deal with them again -- we've had issues the last 2 or 3 times we were in town.
Posted on: Jul 18, 2011
Chokk says:
And for five guys it was way too small :D
Posted on: Jul 08, 2011