AVIS Car Rental in Amsterdam Airport, Schiphol

Amsterdam Airport, Amsterdam, Netherlands

AVIS Car Rental in Amsterdam Airport, Schiphol Reviews

Chokk Chokk
You have to walk, walk and walk to rent a car! Jun 05, 2011
I was down in Holland on business and I had to rent a car in Schiphol. When it is private I usually take Hertz but when it is for work I mostly are forced to book with AVIS. I really don't care which I take since their service is equally good.

When you rent a car in Amsterdam Airport, Schiphol be prepared to walk and I mean a lot. First of all you have to get to their office which is situated in the large central terminal in the far end. They are pretty quick in getting the papers done and then you are out for another adventure

The parking of the rental cars are in the far end of what must be one of the largest parking houses I ever have seen. My best guess is that there are around 1 km down there. Luckily you have rolling carpets but even so it takes loads of time. Remember it is the same distance when you have to hand in the car, so take that into consideration when you are having a departure.

This time I was given a Opel Minerva Turbo! I guess if it didn’t have the turbo it would have been the slowest car in the world. It drove okay though.
The rental car in the dark
The long walk of Schiphol