AT&T Park

San Francisco, California - (415) 972-1800

AT&T Park San Francisco Reviews

WalterC WalterC
Ballpark by the Bay Sep 24, 2009
In the city by the bay, AT&T Park was built by the bay, and opened in 2000. The place has gone through a few name changes, and has a bunch of features to check out.

Along the right field side is an area of the bay more commonly known as McCovey Cove, named after Giants player Willie McCovey. Along this area is a series of plaques, marking the various moments in the ballpark’s history, like the very first game, first Giants home run hit, and hosting the 2007 All-Star game. And there are statues around the stadium, which includes ones of Willie Mays and Juan Marichal.

Inside the stadium, you can walk around the stadium, and see the pictures of past and present players that have played for the Giants. Plus the giant mitt and the Coke bottle behind the outfield area. The Coke bottle is a sliding board for the kids. And around the giant mitt, is the plaque for different players. Plus there is a cable car on display, where one can get inside of it.

Sitting at the very top level, you can see the water around the stadium. And see some people on kayaks in McCovey Cove, hoping to catch a splash hit. A splash hit is a home run ball that gets hit into the water. And a loud fog horn goes off whenever the Giants hit a home run or win the game.

While I’m not really into ballpark food, as they tend to be overpriced. But the one thing that I have to recommend, is garlic fries. And probably one of the few things that I would be willing to buy at the game.

And for once, the upper deck is the best seat in the house. And one ballpark where I would not mind going to see a day game at, which allows nice views of the bay.

While more pricey (and often, more chilly) than the Oakland A’s stadium, it also has interesting features which shows respect to its history and the city itself, and probably a good place for kids to play around in, like sliding inside the giant Coke bottle. This alone, can take up a good chunk of time to check out, so definitely get to the stadium early.

I’d say, a must-see for baseball fans, and sports fans in general. One of the best ballparks in MLB.
one of the entrances
first game at ballpark
Willie Mays statue
WalterC says:
I remember when it was called that, or Pac Bell for short. Also remember the Phils going completely winless for the ballpark's first 2 seasons.
Posted on: Dec 06, 2015
spocklogic says:
I visited this park in the inaugural year Y2K, though it was Pacific Bell Park when it opened.
Posted on: Dec 05, 2015
sylviandavid says:
Hmmmmmm..... Garlic fries.... we may need to go just to experience them..... ☺ Sylvia
Posted on: Oct 07, 2010
breezejen breezejen
Baseball in San Francisco Sep 01, 2009
Baseball is not my favorite pastimes, nor is it one sport that I’m all too excited to follow or watch. Though I am inherently a Dodger fan having lived in Los Angeles most of my life, when I visit my brother and his family, I always, somehow, end up rooting for Bay Area teams, the Oakland A’s or the San Francisco Giants. So putting away the Northern Cal/ Southern Cal rivalry, I actually enjoy catching a baseball game in Northern California once in a while.

This time of year, fall, is the best time to watch games, with the season winding down and the top teams vying for the playoffs, there’s an added tension and games mean much more. Today I was fortunate to go to a SF Giant’s game. I wasn’t necessarily rooting for a Giant’s win, but I was more interested in seeing the Colorado Rockies lose (it just works out better for the Dodger’s that way).

Anyway, I’ve been to a few baseball stadiums, and I must say that the AT& T Park in San Francisco is one of the nicer one’s I’ve been to. It not exactly in the heart of San Francisco, but it’s pretty close to the bustling part of the city. The San Francisco Bay surrounds one side, and the other side is adjacent to the city. It’s a beautiful stadium and by no means big at all. The best way to get there is to take public transportation. You can take BART and if you are coming from the East Bay, the ferry, both take you to the Embarcadero. From there, it’s about a 15-20 minute walk to the stadium. This way you don’t have bother with trying to cross the bridge, city traffic, parking.

On the way to the stadium, you walk along the San Francisco Bay with gorgeous view of the Oakland Bay Bridge, Treasure Island and the shops and restaurants that are along the Bay. The City has done a great job beautifying the area with pieces of art and sculptures along the way.

The stadium itself is pretty cool. It’s got an old world charm to it that is reminiscent of baseball stadiums of the past. Its façade is made of bricks with a few neon signs signifying its existence. Once in the park, there are activities for kids, slides, batting areas, etc. and plenty of souvenir shops and food choices. Like any other stadium, the food and beer prices are way overpriced but I do recommend the garlic French fries. Yum, and a beer to wash it all down.

Almost every seat in the stadium is decent and even the high, nosebleed seats are pretty good. Ticket prices vary depending on what area of the ballpark you want to sit in, but all in all, a great place to watch a game, take the kids and the family, without too going broke.
AT & T Park
Port of San Francisco
Oakland Bay Bridge
Walking to the ballpark

Related Travel Blogs About AT&T Park

Golden Gate Park - Part 1
An absolutely perfect day of weather in San Francisco motivated me to spend a few hours exploring Golden Gate Park. Situated on the western edge of the city, Golden Gate Park extends from the Haight…San Francisco motivated me to spend a few hours exploring Golden Gate Park. Situated on the western edge of the city…
Yosemite & San Francisco
De laatste paar dagen brengen we door in Yosemite National Park en San Francisco. Yosemite NP is een prachtig park, dat te benaderen is via een pas van 10.000 feet, gelijk aan ongeveer 3.000 meter ho…Park en San Francisco. Yosemite NP is een prachtig park, dat te benaderen is via een pas van 10.000 feet…
San Francisco
Just another daytrip to city by the bay in San Francisco to escape the scorching heat haze. It's almost been a yearly ritual to visit this city.  The first time I've heard of Golden Gate Park wa…Parking in San Francisco is expensive as hell, not that hell is expensive per se.  We found parking on one of the sidewalk…

Check San Francisco Hotel Deals