AOC Sensory Restaurant

Dronningens Tværgade 2, Copenhagen, Denmark

AOC Sensory Restaurant Copenhagen Reviews

tj1777 tj1777
AOC - amazing restaurant under ground Sep 12, 2013
The AOC restaurant is located in an old basement under Moltke Palæ which is one of the old mansions in the center of Copenhagen. I had been lucky enough to get one of the discounted tables which had been offered during the Copenhagen Cooking week - they sold out very quickly about 30 seconds after they were up for sale there were no more table available for 2 or 4 persons. So the price of the meal was reduced to around half the usual price - though it is still a pretty expensive to eat here.

I have been to the restaurant before but it has changed its head chef since my last visit so I wasn’t sure what would have changed. Fortunately the high quality had remained though there were distinct changes in the food. At my last visit the dishes seemed all to have incorporated flowers in one way or another - but this time around they had skipped the flower I didn’t get a single flower during the meal at all.

The menu was set - it was a 6 course menu and you could add a wine menu with matching wines for each dish. The wine menu was also sold at a lower price than usual due to the Copenhagen Cooking event. The menu had been modified a bit from the usual august menu since the traditional menu had included a few items which were deemed too unusual for the special crowd which game due to the reduced prices.

The serving started with three different small snacks before the actual dinner was being served. The food was all very delicious and had a very nice presentation. The service was also attentive and professional like you would expect at one of the top restaurants in Copenhagen. I was very happy with the food - the only thing was that I decided to drink a Danish wine based on fruits. This wine was a novelty but I would have been better off with the other choice which was a traditional wine made from grapes. Over all a visit to this place is a great introduction to some of the best cooking you can get in Copenhagen.
The entrance to the restaurant
The street with the restaurant
The quail egg and chips snack
Mushroom snack
daenerys says:
Congrats on your featured review! :)
monky says:
Congrats on your latest featured Mickey!:D
Johnpro says:
Congrats for your featured :)
gingerbatik gingerba…
AOC Aug 27, 2013
This is the second time we visit this restaurant. On our first visit, we were not sure if we like it or not and we could not decide if the food was good or bad, as the food taste very strange to our taste bud and the food design with a lots of eatable flowers, we could not say bad as the food was not bad, just strange nagging feeling.

Since it is special event of Copenhagen cooking festival and the restaurant slash half of their price, we though it should be good to try again, otherwise it is just too expensive to go there to try the food which we do not even know we like or not.

It appears they have a new Head Chef since our last visit, and we are not sure what has change. Luckily the high service quality remains throughout.

This time they have a set menu of 6 courses which we could add with a wine matching. The wine menu also has a special discount at this special event which is a bonus.

We start with 3 different small snacks before the main meal serve. This time, I really love the food. It was so delicious and has a very nice presentation. I could say this is one of my favorite restaurant now.

update: third visit on the 26 Sep 2014, the food and service still excellent.

update: fourth visit on the 4 June 2015, the food still good, however I find the service was a bit slow this time.
sign board outside the building
inside the restaurant
the menu
wine matching menu
gingerbatik gingerba…
Sensory Gastronomy Experience Nov 01, 2012
We visit this restaurant which supposedly to be one of the best restaurant in the world with award winning “Michelin”. The restaurant situated in Moltkes Palae, a historic mansion just a few minutes walk from Kongens Nytorv in the centre of Copenhagen. The dining room itself is very classic (painted with white color), modern furniture and accessories surrounded by a spectacular vaulted cellar dating back to 17th century.

I don’t remember how many courses we have - either 7 or 10 sensory gastronomy experiences with wine matching for each courses (only 3 for me – before I get very drunk).

It is very interesting experience especially we eat a lot of fresh flower on each courses, but the food itself is very small. Each course come with one or two bites only, and luckily they provide bread on the table (otherwise I will starve to death).

The waiter is readily serving us and it seems that each waiter appointed to each table personally and attends to our need. When we arrived and seated, they directly offer drink and then give us the menu.

Most of the food are good but strange, so I am not sure how to rate this restaurant. Personally, comparing the quality and quantity of the food and cost, I probably not coming back to this restaurant. But it is good to experience something new – especially eating flowers which you don’t usually eat. It cost over DMK 3,000 for 2 people.
Crispy mushroom for 1
don't remember what it is but it i…
champagne
Flowers - flowers to eat for 2 peo…
gingerbatik says:
true.. luckily there were bread flowing freely, otherwise I would still hungry after eat those flowers:)
Posted on: Nov 02, 2012
sarahsan says:
The food was presented like pieces of art, but quite pricy for a lot of flowers!
Posted on: Nov 01, 2012