AMC Arizona Center 24

602 271 4000

AMC Arizona Center 24 Phoenix Reviews

moviegal226 moviegal…
Horrible Place to See a Movie Jan 12, 2015
I've pretty much had it with this theater. My recent visit Saturday night was a disaster.

First, this theater is in downtown Phoenix so it attracts the "not so nice" movie going crowd. I'm not saying everyone here is a problem, but you should go to a movie here fully expecting people to be talking during the whole movie, texting, using their cell phones, etc. I have never seen a film here where this wasn't the case. During our screening, two people answered their RINGING CELL PHONES and two college aged girls yapped to each other during the entire movie. The guy in front of us was texting as well. It's so rude but it is the norm at this theater, and management refuses to do anything (booting out the offenders would be a start but if they did that, I fear they'd have no customers).

Second, the snack bar clearly says they offer Coke Zero as a soda choice but they serve you Diet Coke. We had them fill our cup FOUR times from FOUR different machines and every single time the "Coke Zero" was actually Diet Coke. If you are a fan of my Yelp reviews, you know that I freaking know the difference between the two sodas and believe you me, this theater is trying to pass off Diet Coke as Coke Zero. I've alerted the Coca-Cola company about this because it irritates me to no end.

Third, the parking here is horrible! There's a garage which means a bit of a walk from your car to the theater. I don't mind this but in rainy or windy weather, it really stinks! The parking rates are exorbitant at $2 per each $20 minutes (maximum charge of $12). AMC Theaters provides validation but for two hours only! This is NOT enough time! Most movies have a run time of at least 1 hour 45 minutes and that doesn't count allowing enough time to park, buy your ticket, get your popcorn and sit through 25 minutes of previews! COME ON! Three hours should be the minimum validation. As a result of this stingy validation, we ended up having to pay $9.00 just to park to go to a stupid movie on a Saturday afternoon.

This downtown center is dying and I say "good riddance." It's things like this that will drive this theater out of business too, and it won't be a moment too soon.

Check Phoenix Hotel Deals