AFI Silver Theater and Cultural Center

8633 Colesville Road, Silver Spring, MD, USA

AFI Silver Theater and Cultural Center Silver Spring Reviews

HuBison HuBison
Wow! What a great venue for classic films and ole movies Jul 19, 2011
The AFI theater in Silver Spring was saved by the citizens of Montgomery County and it's a good thing they did. Although it's only an 11 minute drive from where I live, I don't go as often as I'd like to. The AFI theater is dedicated to classic cinema, independent films, and ole favorites.

AFI is a national institute providing leadership in screen education and the recognition and celebration of excellence in the art of film, television and digital media. They have a few theater screens in there and their main one is quite large.

The last movie I went to go see there was "Rebel without a cause" and it was great. For a matinee, it was $8.50 and a regular movie is about $11-so the prices aren't much different than a regular movie. I've seen "Revolutionary Road" there (which was a pretty bad movie) and saw a flyer for "The girl with the dragon tattoo" which got me into reading the book.

It's a very interesting theater and they rotate a variety of films from ole black and white films, 80s classics, indy films, and some other things off the beaten path. It definitely is a cultural center and I hope you enjoy your visit there.
HuBison says:
I need to go more often than I do.
Posted on: Jul 20, 2011