A & em phan boi chau

A & em phan boi chau Rates and Deals

A & em phan boi chau Ho Chi Minh City Reviews

TB_Xim TB_Xim
Chic hotel near Ben Thanh Market Apr 25, 2013
The hotel is located just right next to the Ben Thanh Market. Taxi can’t go to the front of the hotel after 5 PM because of the night market. We arrived around 6 PM and the taxi driver dropped us off at Le Loi Boulevard, 5 minute walk to the hotel.

When we walked toward the hotel entrance, we were greeted by the bellboy and carried our luggage to the hotel lobby. Check in was fast but the receptionist was not smiling at all and can't really speak English. There’s only one elevator and so small.

We had the executive double room with the view overlooking Ben Thanh Market. The room is small but nice and clean with desktop computer, minibar, in-room safe and free wifi. Bed was comfortable and clean. Bathroom is small but clean with single jacuzzi tub and basic amenities. The jacuzzi tub works fine and internet connection was fast.

I needed to use facebook to message my friend about the stuff he asked me to buy. When I couldn’t access the FB site using the desktop computer, ipad and phones, I asked the receptionist if the hotel does not allow access to FB but only answered me to type the web address of FB. I told her, I did and tried several times but still I could not get through but she just kept on telling me to type the FB web address and even slowly dictate each letter. I did not ask anymore and tried to google instead and found out that FB is blocked in Vietnam. We didn’t know about it and we don’t know why the receptionist kept telling me to type the FB web address. I ended up using my roaming phone to call and text my friend instead.

We went down to eat breakfast around 9.30 AM, some of the chafing dish was already empty and there was only a little food left and already cold. We just ate some bread and cut fruits. We did not eat our breakfast the next morning anymore as we got up late.

When we were about to go out in the afternoon, we could not open the door and trapped in the room. The lock of the door got stuck and they took almost half an hour to fix it, our room number was 503. It’s dangerous and not safe if the hotel is on fire and luckily we did not join any group tour that day.

The service was okay, only the receptionists were not smiling and they can’t really speak and understand English but the bellboy and chambermaids always greeted us with a smile.
Executive Double Room
Flat screen TV and desktop computer
Bathroom
Hotel Exterior
itravel1 says:
Just like being a kid again, locked in your room with no facebook!
Posted on: May 24, 2013
spocklogic says:
I know FB is not allowed in China, but didn't know it was not allowed in Vietnam too!
Posted on: Apr 25, 2013
gingerbatik says:
not a good experience:( luckily you were ok.
Posted on: Apr 25, 2013

A & em phan boi chau Overview

The A & EM Phan Boi Chau is a five-minute walk from many attractions including Ho Chi Minh City Museum and Ho Chi Minh City Fine Arts Museum. The hotel is conveniently located for sightseeing in Ho Chi Minh City with Ho Chi Minh City People's Committee, Saigon Opera House and Golden Dragon Water Puppet Theatre only 10 minutes away. The hotel is within a short walk from Ben Thanh Market.

For the comfort of guests, the A & EM Phan Boi Chau offers non-smoking rooms. The hotel provides free parking. In addition to a business centre and a concierge, the hotel offers luggage storage, a dry cleaning service and a currency exchange.

A & em phan boi chau Amenities

• TV
  • Excursions
  • Computer
  • Ticket Service
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower