A different Culture

A different Culture - hehe

A different Culture Hammamet Reviews

ottielisa ottielisa
Nov 22, 2007
There we go, finally I have the time to write something about my trip to Tunesia this September!

I've been there with my Mom, it was her second and my first holiday in Tunesia!

We just wanted to relax for a week and still have some warmth.

The different cultur was the fact that made us a bit unsure to go in the begining but we thought about our trip to Egypt and thought about how we managed this!

So i had a look on the catalogs and found a 4* (offical Swiss raiting) Hotel in Hammamet Yasmin called Vincci Taj Sultan. We booked and left a few weeks later=)!

We flew from Basel to Monasir with Tunis Air (the airline is okey but not what i would recomend highly), the transfer to Hammamet Yasmin is about an hour.

The Hotel Vincci Taj Sulatan is absolutly very nicely made with a privat beach part. We had a room with side seaview, it was quite big for the fact that it was the smalest category.

The Hotel owns a Spa and Wellnesscenter which is okey but as well not highly recomend, service wise! The indoorpool is okey but i guess not much used unless of rainy days!

The one thing which was awful was the food! I may be a bit difficult in this case but that was really discusting...just not what you would expect of a 4* hotel!

Hammamet Yasmin is just a huge hotel area with some shops between. The rebuilded Medina(old town) is very nice and made with heart, a place to spend evenings for shopping!

Hammamet town is about 10km away and reachable with different vehicles, taxi, bus, little trains or by hors:P! the only special thing there is also the Medina.

You can make trips to the desert or roundtrips or just a shoppingtrip to Tunis.

One night we went to a Zoo near Hammamet which was beautiful!!! All sorts of animals living in Africa! i really enjoyed that...it also inclued a short camelride (i love camels and riding them:D). Afterward we enjoyed an african/tunesian show with music and a nice dinner!

The weather was not really what we expected...rain for 3 days and not really very warm! then i became ill hand spent some days in bed!=(

however it was a nice holiday and a beautiful nature country. not looking on the fact of being touched and nearly pulled into shops all the time i would go again someday!
Hammamet Yasmin
Camel ride
hehe
the view out of the room
LeighTravelClub says:
What a great review. Not been to Tunisia ....yet....but its high on the list!!!!
misstravel89 says:
Hello,

I saw at the homepage this story about tunisia. I love that country! I have been in Tunisia 4 times. Last year one time and this year 3 times. I've been also in tunisia in september and alone for 3 weeks. There were some problems with my stage, so i quit and had a great holiday!
I have been to the Sahara it was beautiful.. next year in February ill go back, but i dont know if i go alone or with my mum ;)
Have you also been to the shows in the medina, because there is a big animation team! And did you go out in the evening?
And its a tradition, its their lives to pull everyone in the shops so just laugh and having fun.. and meet a guy if you go again ;) nobody tries to pull you ;)
arlene0725 says:
Awesome you rode the camels. I love my camel in Morocco. They filmed Star Wards in Tunisia, did you know (A New Hope, pt 4)? best, Arlene

Check Hammamet Hotel Deals