A "city" that is quite peaceful

Ljubljana, Slovenia

A "city" that is quite peaceful Ljubljana Reviews

andrewmarshall andrewma…
Jul 01, 2007
I quite enjoyed Ljubljana, probably because I was exhausted and it is a city you can see in an afternoon. The main church was closed to tourist until next week so I was a little disappointed (tried to go in but there was a mass in progress). The view from the castle was fantastic. The one problem I had is just about everything closed at 1pm on Saturday, so finding food(not american)was not particularly easy. The hostel (Villa Veselova) I stayed in was amazing. Despite being on the outskirts of the city(ie 10 minute walk from downtown) it was a nice hostel. I had a 8 person room to myself. Ljubljana is a nice relaxing break from the craziness of Croatia and Italy. I would definatly recommend at least a quick stopover.
vodkaphix says:
I have just decreased my 10 day visit to 5, thanks to your blog, dont wanna waste time doing nothing er?
Nice one!
Posted on: Apr 22, 2009
xhris94 says:
cheers for the brief review. i am visiting ljubljana in two weeks and also staying at vila veselova hostel, its a bit of a coincidence that i was reading one of your other blogs and i found this. cant wait to visit slovenia.
Posted on: Jun 06, 2008