A Tasquinha

Lisbon, Portugal

A Tasquinha Lisbon Reviews

mrgishi mrgishi
Sep 21, 2006
A Tasquinha is a little neighborhood outdoor cafe located in the historic district of Lisbon just down the hill from Castelo de Sao Jorge. We were the only customers when we stopped by for lunch on a Thursday. It was a beautiful, but windy day to be eating outside. The waiter/chef and probably slash-owner was a cantankerous old man that didn't seem to be too pleased to be serving obvious tourists. He pointed to about half of the items on the menu saying that they were out of those today. Even still, as we tried to order some of the remaining items, he remembered that he could not make those either. I settled on fried pork with clams. Yes, it sounds like a somewhat odd combination, but it worked quite well together. Other items such as the bread, cheese, and fries were lacking. I had a Super Bock beer with lunch, which is Portugal's major brand. It's nothing special, but I can say the same about so many US mass-produced labels that are plenty popular. It was just nice to sit in the sun and take in this hilly neighborhood.

Check Lisbon Hotel Deals