A&R Bar-B-Que

3530 Ramill Road, Memphis, TN, USA
(901) 388-9038
A&R Bar-B-Que - A&R is a mom and pop type of BBQ shop
A&R Bar-B-Que - Simple decor, nothing fancy at A&R
A&R Bar-B-Que - Now that looks GOOD!

A&R Bar-B-Que Memphis Reviews

HuBison HuBison
A mom and pop shop for GREAT TN Bar-B-Que Jul 13, 2011
If you just want bar-b-que, then you can pick anywhere along Beale street or in the surrounding neighborhood. A&R was recommended to us as a mom-and-pop type of bar-b-que where the locals eat and I gladly pass the recommendation on to you!

Their service leaves something to be desired (by a little, not much), but their food is good, I mean, I sat there in silence eating my BBQ ribs and after I licked my fingers, I licked the crevices in between each finger and then some. It was NICE THICK Bar-be-que sauce, not some watery stuff that was painted on a slab of ribs. I just can't described the goodness of the ribs. I ordered fries and those were OK, but the ribs were sooooooo good.

The place was ole fashioned and not really updated, but it was full of grown women, men in suits, people rushing there for their take-out order of lunch and a variety of other people. I sit here now in DC and YEARN for TN Bar-b-que, but know I won't be down there again, if ever.

If you are driving through Memphis or happen to be kicking it on Beale Street, A&R is a short 6 blocks away and is so worth it. Enjoy!
A&R is a mom and pop type of BBQ s…
Simple decor, nothing fancy at A&R
Now that looks GOOD!