A Naestu Grosum

A Naestu Grosum - Viking Church at the top of the hill in town

A Naestu Grosum Reykjavik Reviews

esterrene esterrene
First Vegetarian Restuarant Sep 30, 2010
I ate here three times and loved it!! I just happened to see a sign for the "first Vegetarian" and went right in.. Definitely was not expecting there to be a big veggie culture in Iceland...

Very glad that my assumption was wrong ;P

The food was interesting and daring. I tried items that I really didn't think would have been all that tasty. the first day I had their version of Falafel, herbed potatoes, rice pilaf with parsnips and salad.. the second time it was a celery root burger, kidney beans with cinnamon, and chickpeas with pineapple... the third day was another bean mixture and a potato and parsnip dish... everything, but the potato and parsnip dish, was fantastic!

water is free along with bread and some tasty hummus dip. There is no salt at the tables, which I found refreshing.

service was great! the staff spoke english very well and were very helpful!

The atmosphere was cozy without feeling crowded. simple design and a view of the street below..

prices were not bad. you got a lot of food for the money. everything was already prepared and you stand at the counter choosing what you want.. they had a three item option with salad and rice on the side. the amount of food was enough for two people... I was stuffed after eating everything..
delsol67 delsol67
Creative Vegetarian Aug 29, 2009
What a find. This restaurant is just of the main street running through Old Town. You walk in the front door and up a flight of stairs.

The cafeteria style layout may leave you unimpressed at first sight. Don't leave. The food is much better than this presentation might imply. They offer a veggie lasagna with chi ckpea (MMMMM), and a cauliflower gratin with lentils (MMMMM). They offer a dish of the day and offer salad and or brown rice with each dish. You can choose a 3 or 4 dish platter. They also offer fantastic desserts. I had a French chocolate tart that was divine. I ate here twice on my trip to Reykjavik. It definitely one of the hightlights of the city.
Laugavegur Street at the corner wh…
Viking Church at the top of the hi…

Check Reykjavik Hotel Deals