Soi Ratchawithi 1, Chiang Mai, Thailand

Check Chiang Mai Hotel Deals

A Little Bird Guesthouse Chiang Mai Reviews

yarayarinha7 yarayari…
Full of potential, but so many drunk people Apr 26, 2013
This is such a nice hostel with great owners and so much potential to be the best hostel in Chiang Mai.

Unfortunatelly, it seems to attrack people who stay there forever, drink heavily every night and make tons of noise.

I loved the location, the rooms, the hang out area... there's even 2 computers we can use for free, but... I never managed to sleep there one whole night, because people were incredibly noisy, entering the room very drunk, talking really loud, turning the lights on and off.

The hostel is located in the heart of chiang Mai, where you can find all kinds of restaurants and things to do.

If the owners could at least make people stop the noise at 11pm, it would be great.
yarayarinha7 says:
I'm not a drinker neither.... So I was actually annoyed with the noise and the etype of people there. It's a shame, because the owners are lovely and the space is really nice and clean. Nice to know your project is going well.
Posted on: Apr 30, 2013
clamdigger53 says:
Not much of a drinker.Work on my book is really going well.Got a lot done today!
Posted on: Apr 30, 2013
earvinf earvinf
A true hostel experience Jan 10, 2012
Staying in A Little Guesthouse is an travel experience in itself. I'm quite overwhelmed with it being an excellent combination of humble accommodation and great people!

You'll be amazed how cheap it is to stay in A Little Bird Guesthouse - 100 Baht at the least! I stayed in a spacious 4-bed room. The place is nothing fancy, though. They have the basic amenities enough to let you live comfortably. There's no A/C but with the cool weather in Chiang Mai, an electric fan will do.

The guesthouse is just a few steps away from a market so it's very easy to grab some food. If this doesn't satisfy you yet, you can take a walk down the road and find for yourself a bunch of sidestreet foodstalls selling authentic Thai dishes. There are also other shops (massage centers, bookshop, cafe, etc) down the main street, so you wont have any problem.

More than anything about the hostel, I dearly valued the people who brought new insights to my life. One night, went to a bar just a few blocks away from the hostel with new friends I met. The night was all about having fun, and celebration of each other's travel experiences to the tune of high-spirited reggae music.

Backstory: I've managed to book my accommodation different from A Little Bird Guesthouse a couple of months before my holiday. In Travbuddy I met Sarah (from Australia) who happen to be traveling to Chiang Mai as well. She suggested that I stay in A Little Bird Guesthouse instead. I gave in. I'm truly glad I made the right choice because if not for her, I would not have brought home a wonderful travel experience.
The rooms
yarayarinha7 says:
Thank you for the post, it was really helpful!
Posted on: Jan 24, 2013
d2amy d2amy
A little bit of awesome in Chaing Mai May 25, 2011
This place is great. It's located in the old part of Chaing Mai, on a quiet little soi where the traffic is barley auditable. It's great.

There are only fans at this place, which depending how much you like your aircon you might not be able to handle. BUT, with that said, I've stayed at loads of places with fans and this is by far the best. Super airy, and just great. 2 fans for 6 people in a dorm doesn't sound like a much, but these have power.

The people are really nice that work there, and they are super chill. There are also loads of places to just chill out, and it's a very "truthful" place. What I mean by this is that yo udon't have to pay for your nights until you check out, if you don't want to, and you just take drinks from the fridge, write it down, and pay for at the end of your stay. Very trusting, makes you put your faith back in backpackers a bit.

I'm in a 6 bed dorm, with 2 fans, and paying 100 baht a night. So this is a pretty sweet deal and the fact that this place is awesome makes it 10 times better.
Monka-me Monka-me
Great and very cheap Sep 23, 2011
Great location in old Chiang Mai. 5 min walk to Sundayarket. Free WiFi and one computer in the recepcion. Power socket and light available in every dorm bed ;)Air conroom. prices round 100 bth for a bed:) To make reservation call or send an e mail.
simcfc simcfc
Little Bird Mar 27, 2011
Top class cheap hostel, we booked our jungle trek here at half the price of everywhere else. 10/10 this hostel, very accomodating and a very good social scene.
DaniYost DaniYost
Nice Hostel Mar 05, 2011
Little bird was awesome!! Met some amazing people there the set up is perfect way to get to know other travellers that are staying at the hostel. Super awesome people that run it!
mimimini mimimini
clean and cheap Sep 13, 2010
The littlebird guesthouse was so cool,clean and friendly staff

Check Chiang Mai Hotel Deals