A' Famosa Resort

Malacca, Malaysia
A' Famosa Resort - The bungalow
A' Famosa Resort - View from the dining room
A' Famosa Resort - View behind our bungalow
A' Famosa Resort - view from my room (the window is somehow jammed)
A' Famosa Resort - view from my room (the window is somehow jammed)

Check Malacca Hotel Deals

A' Famosa Resort Malacca Reviews

FoxyFauz FoxyFauz
Cheap bungalow for family holiday Jan 08, 2012
A'Famosa Resort have been around for many years but I never felt the urge to go or stay there despite driving past it each time I drove to Malacca.

Its located at Alor Gajah which is quite far from Malacca main town. In fact, its pretty close to Negeri Sembilan (about 15 minutes drive and you will be in a small town called "Tampin" which is in Negeri Sembilan.

I finally came here because I was attending a wedding thus we had to stay here for 2 nights. To fit 4 families, we booked a bungalow at A'Famosa Resort. I think our bungalow falls into the Golf Resort category as we are surrounded by golf courses.

To find our bungalow was quite a hassle especially at night time. It was quite a deep drive in from the main entrance gate. Each bungalow is located quite far from each other. Thus if something bad happens to you, nobody knows! Theres no alarm system to contact the main resort building. I arrived at 3 am!! My uncle's car hit a snake which was crossing the road within the resort (quite close to our bungalow). The roads (as per the rest of Malaysian roads in my personal opinion) are quite badly lit. So it feels like I was driving towards a haunted house!

The bungalow is spacious, clean with 2 bathrooms one at each level. There is a kitchen with utensils, fridge, gas stove (not that we used any of it). There is a television and all rooms are air conditioned. There is no telephone. There is a BBQ pit outside but they told us no BBQ allowed - how contradicting I would say. The only bad thing is there are always flies flying around into the bungalow. Other than the resort theme parks which I was not so fascinated by, there is really nothing great about this place. Maybe golfers would appreciate the golf courses. At night, we get a view of the fireworks from the theme park from our bungalow.

I would only recommend this place to families who are driving. For travellers who are interested to go site-seeing in Malacca Town, I would recommend staying there in the main town rather than here.
The bungalow
view from my room (the window is s…
View behind our bungalow