A Brasileira (The restaurant)

Rua Garret 120 (basement), Lisbon, Portugal

A Brasileira (The restaurant) Lisbon Reviews

Chokk Chokk
A Brasileira (The restaurant) Jul 28, 2009
I had been standing inside the cafe and had a couple of cold Sagres and a small Portuguese coffee when I felt hungry. I asked the waiter for a good place to eat and he told me to go down some small stairs to the basement of the cafe because they had their own restaurant down there. I had thought that the stairs led down to the toilets but apparently not.

When I came down I found a small square room with 25-30 seats, two waiters and nothing else. One of the waiters was eating and I asked if the place were open and if I was going to be alone here all evening. He laughed and said no; it would shortly be filled he guaranteed. I gave in and looked at the menu, they had a lot of fish on their proposal and I took a fish starter (salmon), a fish main course (a white fish of some kind) and a bottle of Quinta de Aveleda which is an okay Portuguese white wine.

The prices were fair and the meal was very good - I finished with a glass of white port my first on this trip.

Regarding being alone there the waiter was right; in less than 30 minutes there was no more empty space in there so I guess they were doing quite okay.

Check Lisbon Hotel Deals