A Beary Good Hostel

A Beary Good Hostel Rates and Deals

A Beary Good Hostel Singapore Reviews

daenerys daenerys
Great place to stay in Singapore Jul 18, 2013
I stayed at A Beary Good Hostel for 7 nights.

Its location was its biggest selling point for me. In Pagoda Street, a pedestrian only mall in the middle of Chinatown. In the middle of a market with shop stalls and literally around the corner from delicious cheap street food. Food options on Smith Street, New Bridge Road, and across the pedestrian overpass there were more outdoor food stalls near the People's Park complex. Also McDonalds and KFC nearby. A short walk away you will find some temples, and Chinatown Complex with indoor food stalls.

It is also a 10 second walk away from the entrance to the Chinatown MRT. This is so handy as you can easily use the subway to get around the city. When it was raining, I could walk under the awnings and shelter and enter the MRT from the hostel without getting wet.

The staff were friendly and helpful; they helped me use the TV, gave me input on where I could buy a camera and how to get there, and answered my questions about tickets to see attractions sold through the hostel. I booked through HostelBookers.com months in advance. When I arrived, they had not received my reservation. However they honored the deposit I paid and gave me a bed.

Free breakfast of toast and cereal is provided. Drinks and noodles can be purchased at the hostel. Tap water is safe to drink and free :) Free wifi, two laptops available for use, TV, books. There are three rooms on three different levels fitted with bunk beds. I was on the second level. It was airconditioned and comfortable at night. Some of the beds were right in front of the door.. I would prefer a bed near the window. Lockers are provided but locks are not.

I paid approx SD$27/night. I spoke to some other backpackers who were staying at another hostel on Pagoda street who got their beds for $17/night. Their hostel looked cleaner and newer. A Beary Good Hostel was still clean though. And had a wonderful ambience. I was very happy to call it my home for the week :)
Zagnut66 says:
Congrats for being featured!
Posted on: Sep 03, 2013
Suusj says:
congrats on being featured :-).
Posted on: Sep 03, 2013
daenerys says:
Thankyou Soon Thiam :)
Posted on: Aug 26, 2013

A Beary Good Hostel Overview

Set in central Singapore, the A Beary Good Hostel is within a 10 minute walk from Singapore City Gallery and Peoples Park Complex. It provides good-value accommodation with free Wi-Fi access. The hostel is within a short walk from Sri Mariamman Temple.

A Beary Good Hostel Amenities

• Hair Dryer
  • TV
  • Laundry service
  • Shops
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shared Bathroom