901 Restaurant & Bar

901 9th street, Washington, DC, USA

901 Restaurant & Bar Washington Reviews

HuBison HuBison
Awesome new place to drink and dine for a sophisticated evening in the heart of DC Sep 26, 2011
I don't think I give a lot of restaurants a 5 star review, but this place deserves it. As of September 2011, 901 had only been open for about 4 months.

It was previously a lounge/club and if you know that or are familiar with downtown, when you see the new facade, it is amazing!!!! They totally redid the front, added some space in the back, gutted it, and the inside looks amazing.

Reservations are recommended, but we went mid-week and got a table without waiting. The seating is fabulous and the decor is elegant, modern, a bit dark, but gorgeous. You could almost feel like you're not even in DC during your dining experience.

The menus are a surprise, so I can't tell you about them, but I have never seen a menu presented like this before. As I watched new people get seated and open there menus, they had the same reaction I did. We looked up the menu online and it seemed a little limited, but they just really divide it into starters, by land, by sea, and pasta. They even had a wine I enjoyed (I'm a picky snob for sweeter whites) and it was affordable too.

I really enjoyed my shrimp piccata pasta with mushrooms and yet, I kept picking at my boyfriend's salmon. We really enjoyed our sophisticated dinner and am eager to return.

Check Washington Hotel Deals