8th Street Steakhouse

50 8th Street, Steamboat Springs, CO, USA

8th Street Steakhouse Steamboat Springs Reviews

huddleston huddlest…
Cook your own steak to perfection!! Apr 15, 2010
The 8th Street Steakhouse in Steamboat Springs is a great option for people who want a good steak for a reasonable price. It’s hard to leave any steakhouse, worth its weight (in meat), for under $30 per person. At 8th Street, steaks start at $14. What’s the catch you ask? No, I promise these are good cuts of steak! The deal is, you, the eater, cook your own steak. This may sound completely unappealing to most people, but I assure you it was quite fun. In truth it was an experience all in itself.

The Steakhouse is somewhat of a downtown Steamboat tradition. It was recommended to us by our inn keeper. They serve great steaks and seafood in a western atmosphere that is perfect Colorado. The cuts of meat are deliciously displayed in a meat counter at the back of the restaurant. After ordering drinks you head to the counter and pick your beef or chicken. At the same time you get to choose from sides such as baked potatoes, veggies, and my personal favorite sweet potato fries. Near the front of the restaurant is the 20 foot lava rock grill. Pop you steak on the grill and shoot the shit with the other patrons grilling up around you. We had great conversations with our fellow grillers. In fact one of them gave us a great tip about a trail that we ended up taking the next day. If grilling your own meal is not your thing or reserved only for super bowl Sunday, you can order crab legs, baby back ribs, lobster tails, or prime rib.

The dining experience was great, and the little details were the things that made our meal so great. There are stuffed animals hiding out, saddle seats, and western kitsch everywhere you turn. At the grill you can toast up your own piece of unlimited Texas buttered toast. They also offer free s’mores after your meal! The staff was so friendly and attentive. I struck up a great conversation with our waiter who ended up being quite well traveled.

The steakhouse also has a great drink menu and wine list. I was actually quite impressed with the wine selection. Then again, we are talking about a Colorado ski town. Happy hour from 3-6 pm daily.

I loved picking out my own meat and grilling it to perfection on my own terms.

Check Steamboat Springs Hotel Deals