8 Mile

8 Mile Road, Detroit, MI, USA

8 Mile Detroit Reviews

sklaw sklaw
8 Mile, Alive Scene of Drug Dealer Chasing Momenthum Jul 27, 2016
First and most, I must thank a generous soul Peppe for taking me to 8 Mile by risking his life...Haha

As a teenager growing up in a former socialist country, Eminem's music kept me going when I had tough days. So, I always wanted to visit 8 Mile where he grew up. He mentioned in his songs many times ( if you listen to him- you knew it). 8 Mile was more dangerous than I thought. In the neighborhood, you see strip clubs and when you came in contact with the road blocks and houses you see occasional beautiful young women came and go from houses to houses. I assumed that girls belonged to strip clubs and lived in the neighborhood. I asked Peppe, my dearest Italian host in Detroit to stop , so I could capture a picture of few of many ruined houses. Peppe told me, " Make it quick"- which I did. Then when we were heading back to 8 Mile East and stopped at a stop sign, all of sudden, out of blue, a man with a motorcycle went through the fast moving traffic without stopping at the stop sign in opposite direction ( 8 Mile East is one way road to North) then like in the movies there were agents with guns came out from nowhere and appeared to me about to read the unlucky drug dealer's Miranda Rights.

The 8 Mile Scene happened in a less than a minute or two, and I am thankful that I and Peppe had a chance to experience it. Hey, maybe we happen to be there to help FBI agents to arrest the bad guy! Dawn of Justice baby! No wonder my gut feeling took me to Detroit where all Hero themed movies were filmed.

Thanks to a nice Italian man who rescued me from the scene and I assure you Italians have amazing heart and hospitality.
sklaw says:
I just realized I had spelling problems and I fixed it. I wrote it like two weeks after the trip or so I do not remember since I live in the present moment, NOW, the trip seems a long time ago but gosh it was something. You were like, " nope you are not going there alone." Thanks Peppe, hope to see you soon shortly in Detroit!
Posted on: Jul 27, 2016
Peppe says:
My dear Sook! I never read this review since today! Haha! It was an amazing day with you! a true urban adventure! I'm glad we did that 8 Mile thing even if it was scary. I think you are right when you say we might have taken part in 'jinxing" that guy run, to avoid my car at the stop he ran in the middle of the lanes and crashed against other cars. Maybe we did helped the FBI ahaha!
I can't wait to see Mongolia, maybe together but hey: no dangerous adventures ok? (lmao, who am I kidding!)
Posted on: Jul 27, 2016