77 Boat Quay

77 Wine Bar Reviews

sarahsan sarahsan
Cheap alcohol – expensive food Jul 29, 2012
77 Wine Bar is located at Boat Quay. The seating is outside under cover and the interior is nice with old barrels as tables and high chairs, right by the river. The lamps were wooden birdcages. The atmosphere was good, but it didn´t make up for the unprofessional staff. They weren´t rude, just lost.

When I sat down, the waiter came with the wine list only. When I asked if they served food he said “Oh, I´ll get the menu”! I recognized the menu from the Italian restaurant next door (which was quite expensive). They share the same kitchen. Since I only wanted a snack, I ordered an antipasti. Asparagus wrapped in crepe, ham and truffle with an egg sauce. It was absolutely delisous, but at SGD 38 it was a prizy snack.

It seemd like the waiter forgot me the minute I was served the food. It took a while before I was able to get his attention, so I could ask for the bill. The two guys next to me went inside to get their drinks. The waiter never came out. He was to busy chatting with his buddy inside!

I wlll probably not go back, but the location and atmosphere were good if you don´t mind inattentive waiters.
77 Wine Bar Map