77 Flea Market

5955 N Expressway, Brownsville, TX, USA

77 Flea Market Brownsville Reviews

pinkumbrella pinkumbr…
Not You Average Flea Market Jun 06, 2011
My daughter was living in a small community outside of Brownsville Texas last year. This gave me the opportunity to explore the area even more. I'm not a big flea market person but when my daughter told me I had to go to the 77 Flea Market before I left one trip, I went along to check it out. This place didn't let me down at all...actually, I was quite surprised at how consumed I became with everything it had to offer. We arrived around 8:00 AM on a Saturday morning. Parking is free. The parking area was packed already but we drove up and down the lanes until we finally found a spot that the car would fit in, lol. As we walked up to the first pavilion, we past a couple of horses, yes HORSES, that were being sold at the flea market. This place consisted of a several, long running pavilions making the market open to the outside. There were also other booths set up on each end of the pavilions. This place had everything to offer, clothes, shoes, boots, jewelry, plants of all kinds (even large trees), a huge variety of fresh produce/vegetables....lots of different hot peppers...tools, birds, puppies, lizards, and even the horses on that particular day. There were food vendors of all types so we could eat as we shopped, how great is that! While we wandered through the place we had these delicious smells pulling us in different directions. My favorite snack was the fruit on a stick (large chunks of fresh fruit)and I managed to eat several that morning. They even have hot sauce readily available to drizzle over your fruit if you choose.

I was told that it would take an entire day to see all of it and it did. We left a little after 3:00 PM. Like I said previously, I'm not a big flea market person but I am sold on the 77 Flea Market outside of Brownsville and I will go back again.

Check Brownsville Hotel Deals