7 Portes

Pg. Isabel II 14, Barcelona, Spain

7 Portes Barcelona Reviews

Farmboy23662001 Farmboy2…
Simply Delicious Nov 24, 2011
On the advice of friends, we ventured out to the 7 Portes Restaurant in Barcelona and we were not disappointed.

Located near the L4 Barcelonta Metro stop, it is an easy place to get to.

When you enter, the first thing you will notice is the white linens and wait staff all dressed in black ties and white coats. You know you are in for a fine dining experience but when you review the menu, you realize it is not all that expensive. I think we spent about 60 euros for the two of us, including several glasses of wine.

For the heck of it, I decided to try the Ratatouille. Having never had this dish before, I was not sure what to expect. To my surprise, it was quite tasty and flavorful. It also came with a white fish that was cooked to perfection.

This establishment was everything my friends had told me. It is clear why they have been in business since 1836. I highly recommend the 7 Portes Restaurant.
jnwalsh jnwalsh
Delicious Paella in Traditional Surroundings Jan 15, 2011
This is a great restaurant for paella in Barcelona.

In a handy central location close to the Port and El Born, the restaurant dates back to 1836 and still retains the old-world charm with waiters in bow-ties. It also stays open from 1pm to 1am 'interupted' which can be handy if you miss the traditional mealtimes which can be tricky on holiday/in Spain!

We had the seafood paella for 2 which was delicious and I loved that the seafood came without the shells so there was no messy picking through the rice to peel prawns etc! Accompanied with a delicious catalan white wine and obligatory bread, we were both satisfied with our lunch.

The prices are reasonable and the service is friendly and efficient.

Really recommended: I was with a local who hadn't been here since he was a kid and he rated it as one of the best!
Delicious seafood paella