5Footway.Inn Project Sultan Mosque

TheJohnsons TheJohns…
Must stay Hostel Sep 23, 2012
Five star

Five star Hostel Top Marks for everything

This was our main stay for 7 days in Singapore, Ten minutes from the metro, brilliant location in the Sultan Masjid area with loads of affordable eateries on your doorstep. It is also a five minute walk away from the buses that run between Singapore and Malaysia.

It cost us 504SGD for a private room with double loft bed and shared bathroom (inc. breakfast), what this actually means is the Loft bed is up a very secure ladder. The rooms have very high ceilings with air con. Our first room was at the end of the corridor on the first floor so we actually had a window. There is also a sofa which can be converted into a bed, standard lamp and plug sockets. You can get wifi in your room and even out on the pavement where they have tables and chairs. The bathrooms are Western and spotless much like Sakura (reviewed in Bishkek), they have cleaners mopping the floors and cleaning showers and toilets all day long.

Our second room which we moved to after an accident which left me with 14 stitches in my left knee was on the ground floor with Ensuite (after the accident it was going to be difficult to manage stairs or loft bed ladders! The sofa bed was made up and we had a more central room without windows. We paid an extra 13SGD on top for two nights of the normal rate whilst we stayed in this room. The rooms can get very humid, but the air con sees that off.

Our last few nights I was still given a first floor room, but this time without Ensuite. This was fine as we didn’t want to keep paying the extra supplement and my knee was faring better walking than I thought it would. Once again a central room without windows but the same as our first room, Excellent. This all also included a simple breakfast which you could have cereal, toast, jam, peanut butter and if you were early enough fresh fruit. There was a very swish coffee machine (which also dispensed tea & hot chocolate (all day long for free) and a hot water dispenser in the kitchen. There was a small kitchen with plates and cutlery and a fridge for you to put some drinks and foodstuffs in, but no cooker, again all spotless. We had our laundry done there they charge 12SGD up to 3 kilos. It is washed and dried superbly, even the trousers that had got blood on them came out spotless (yes no Blood!).

The staff could not have been more helpful, not just when checking in early, but generally with all guests and of course when I had my injury they accommodated my needs with commensurate sleeping arrangements. They were always pleased to greet you when you passed through reception, and always smiling and able to give excellent information on transport, locations and costs on just all the enquiries I heard. This is quite a popular Hostel, so advice is to book at least 4-5 days before you want to stay, unless you’re happy with dorms. Definitely a thumb up! And highly, highly recommended.
view of 5footway from the corner a…

5Footway.Inn Project Sultan Mosque Overview

Situated in the City Hall and the Financial District of Singapore, the 5Footway.Inn Project Sultan Mosque is a short walk from Masjid Sultan Mosque. The inn is conveniently located for sightseeing in Singapore with Immigration and Checkpoints Authority only 10 minutes away. Singapore city centre is within a short 10 minute drive from the inn.

5Footway.Inn Project Sultan Mosque Amenities

• High-speed Internet
  • Air Conditioned
  • Hair Dryer
  • Laundry service
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower