4x4/Zipline Excursion

Riviera Maya, Mexico

4x4/Zipline Excursion Riviera Maya Reviews

ahtibat17 ahtibat17
Flying through the Jungle Apr 28, 2010
While staying at a resort in Riviera Maya, we took a 4x4/zipline excursion that included driving 4-wheelers to the jungle, four ziplines, and then a swim in an underground crystal-clear pool in a cave.

We were picked up at the resort, and were taken to the company's building where the 4-wheelers were line up, waiting. We were given a safety lecture, and signed waivers, then we got on our 4-wheelers. (I was with my sister. We each paid the full $80 amount for our own vehicle. If 2 people were riding, it was a rate of $65/person). In a line, we drove along the highway, out to the jungle. Once out in the jungle, we were led to the platform and suited up with the gear to fly on the ziplines. This was my first experience with ziplines, and I thought it was a good one. None of the ziplines were too scary or too long or too high. It was hard to 'just jump', but once I did, flying through the jungle was an amazing feeling. After the zipline portion of the excursion, we went to the underground cave that we were to descend into and then jump into the crystal-clear water of the underground pool. It was so crystal clear that we were hesitant to jump for fear of hitting the bottom. But, the bottom was a good 30-feet down. The cave was pretty cool, with all the stalagtites. This was cut short, though, because a German lady jumped in with her glasses and ended up losing them. So they tried to find them -- didn't happen, but then it was time for us to return. We went back to the 4-wheelers and cranked it up a notch, practically flying on the highway. The medical waivers are no joke, though. On the way back, a couple had an accident on the 4-wheeler and ended up being taken to the hospital for their injuries.

Overall, this was a very fun activity, and well-worth it.

Check Riviera Maya Hotel Deals