456 Restaurant

(212) 964-0003

456 Restaurant New York Reviews

HuBison HuBison
A jewel of Chinatown Jan 08, 2012
My friend and I were wandering through Chinatown and looking in windows to narrow down where we wanted to eat. I let my friend select and we ended up at the 456 Restaurant.

It was just the 2 of us and we were seated immediately and apparently beat the rush. As we sat that and began to enjoy several courses of our meal, we noticed more and more people piling up at the door. The place is small and they didn't have a lot of space to gather in.

We flipped to the last page and each ordered a dish for no more than $8. The inner pages had a variety of dishes from $10-$20. I order shrimp chow fun (wide noodles). I figured that since these menu items were cheaper, I order soup. I turned to the front of the menu and began to point and the waiter said "no" and turned to take my friend's order. I sat there silent, slightly amused, and quite confused. She ordered a noodle dish and soup and I wondered why she was allowed to order soup. He said we could share.

I was expecting a small bowl of soup, but he came out with a huge bowl or vegetable soup and 2 small bowls. We were each able to have 2 servings and that barely left spaced for my yummy and well seasoned chow fun.

We loved our waiter, Paul, and his flat comical sense of humor, we loved the food and would skim through the tiny streets of Chinatown to eat here again. A constant and steady turning crowd at the door is a good sign.
Africancrab says:
Nice review, thanks for sharing.
Posted on: Jan 08, 2012