33, Boston, MA, USA

33 Boston Reviews

kevinw83 kevinw83
Nov 14, 2005
33 is a pretty posh bar located by Copley Square. While some people might consider it a bit quiet and not rowdy enough for their ideal bar, I loved it. There are a lot of things to like about the place. The interior design was intelligent and thoughtful, ranging from the assorted photographs of various locales worldwide to the clever lighting. One thing I loved was the bar itself- it was opalescent and slowly changed colors. A nice touch to a classy bar. Also, the bar/lounge plays soothing, electronic music soft enough that you can enjoy a conversation with your friends without having to yell in each other's ear. Again, not the college frat party kind of bar, but a place to relax with some good friends and good drinks. The crowd is definitely yuppie only, and prepare to pay $12 per cocktail. Also, dinner runs $25-30 per entree, so be prepared to pay for what you get.The cocktail list is really inventive and fun. I'd recommend the 33tini, their most famous cocktail, or a really excellent passion fruit basil drink. Dont think the two can go together? i didnt either, until my friend ordered one and I started feeling insanely stupid for sticking with an ordinary Corona. The dessert list is also top notch. Dont miss the banana bread pudding, which is TO DIE FOR. Definitely worth the $8 I paid for it. I'd highly recommend 33 for a good night out on the town. You won't regret it.
Swank, chic, bougie, sophisticated…
Eric says:
Other than the prices, this place sounds pretty cool. If I come visit Boston we should go here.
Posted on: Nov 20, 2005