33 House

Seoul, South Korea
33 House - Kimchi Chigae
33 House - Kimchi, garlic and other dishes served during the meal.
33 House - I can't get enough! MMM!
33 House - The owner and me!
33 House - My favorite waiter at 33 House

33 House Seoul Reviews

Melodieu Melodieu
Sep 30, 2007
There are a million Kimchi Chigae restaurants in Seoul, but of the 30 or 40 I have tried this one is definitely the best. This restaurant was a Friday night tradition for me and my friends. The owner is extremely friendly and always sits with you for a chat. The food tastes amazing and is very cheap; Kimchi Chigea is 4000won (about $4.25). Kimchi and Kimchi Chigae can be quite spicy but this restaurant is perfect for anyone who can't handle the spice as it is a little milder than other places. And like most Korean restaurants it is cooked on a gas burner at your table.

For those of you who don't know, Kimchi, besides rice, is the staple of the Korea diet. It is fermented chili pepper cabbage. Kimchi is very spicy but tastes great and is very healthy. Koreans claim it is a miracle food that keeps them youthful and thin.

Kimchi Chigae is basically Kimchi Soup consisting of Kimchi, tofu, pork or fish (your preference) and leeks. Some restaurants serve military Kimchi Chigae which replaces the pork for spam and includes noodles but I prefer the regular style.

To get to 33 House leave Yoksam subway station through exit 4. Take your second right and the restaurant is on the second corner on the left. EASY! Look for my picture above the cash register and say hello to the owner for me!
Kimchi Chigae
Kimchi, garlic and other dishes se…
The owner and me!