318 Cafe

318 Cafe - dining area

318 Cafe Excelsior Reviews

alyssa_ob alyssa_ob
Crowded, but really good food Dec 12, 2011
I met some friends for lunch at 318 Cafe in Excelsior, Minnesota (a few miles west of Minneapolis). Excelsior is on Lake Minnetonka and can be very busy at all times of the year. The cafe is located in a building with several smaller shops. The whole town has little shops, so it was busy with Christmas shoppers.

The cafe is known as "cafe and coffeehouse by day and live music listening room by night". It was very small and cozy and I was lucky to get a table for 5 people. The place was packed almost the entire time we were there (and we were there for 2 hours!).

Since it was cold, I had some hot tea. But you could also get beer, wine, soda, coffee or hot chocolate. We had edamame as an appetizer (yum!). The menu was small, with a few different options for salads, sandwiches, flatbread pizzas or tacos. They also have soup and a quiche of the day.

My friend and I split the tacos and a flatbread pizza. I had a chicken taco with black bean and corn salsa and she got a pork taco with pico de gallo and chipotle sour cream. We shared the flatbread with hazelnut pesto, portabello mushrooms, chevre cheese and butternut squash. Both were good, but I really loved the flatbread pizza. Yum!

This place is great for a light meal with a (very) small group of people. 2-3 people would be ideal. It is a warm, cozy atmosphere (the fireplace in the corner was nice). The service was a little slow, but mostly because our waitress was so busy with all the tables. It is a great place to relax and kick back for a little bit.
318 coffe mug
bar and wine selection
dining area
taco and half of flatbread pizza

Check Excelsior Hotel Deals