300 New York

Manhattan, United States

300 New York Manhattan Reviews

danny291 danny291
300 New York Bowling alley May 07, 2008
A group of 6 of us went here for Bruno's birthday. Its located between piers 59 and 60 at the Chelsea Piers on the the Hudson River in Manhattan, NYC along a very scenic and beautiful area. 300 New York is a very different entertainment venue compared to regular bowling alleys with 40 state-of-the-art bowling lanes, automatic scoring on plasma screens, an equipment area for ball fitting and shoe rentals and food and beverages delivered laneside by our servers. There is also a very funky music and light system. The price is$8.00 per person, per game and also theres a $6 shoe rental charge which frankly I think is a bit cheeky considering you're already paying to bowl. There's one thing though that really bugged me about this place, we bought quite a few drinks and also ordered a food platter and 2 cheese steak burgers and was ok as only 3 of us were eating and the food only took about 3 mins and it tasted it! shows that it doesnt take a lot of effort and to our amazement when we got the check for the whole thing - the food, 2 games of bowling for 6 people and 8 drinks and the check came to almost $250 ! They add a gratuity fee for groups over 5 which was not explained to us, but what annoyed me even more was the fee, they added $44 as a tip! I work in a restaurant and I work very hard and 22 pounds is probably what we make in a day and they charged it to us for about 4 minutes of cooking, i know the americans have it ingrained in their system to tip but $44 is way too much for what we got. The staff were quite unfriendly and not very welcoming, mostly they just slouched around not really doing anything which made us more annoyed that the gratuity fee was going to a bunch of lazy asses! Im sad to say although we had a super time, this place really annoyed me, there should have been a mention about the fee. The bowling is good fun but avoid the food and make sure you have enough money on you as you may get in debt if you leave a tip!!

Compare Hoboken Hotel Rates (3.8km away)

300 New York Map