3 Frakkar - Trir Frakkar

510 1000

3 Frakkar - Trir Frakkar Reykjavik Reviews

Robin1109 Robin1109
Worth the money! Mar 13, 2014
So when I rate this as "expensive", please take into consideration this is also Reykjavik! Honestly, this place had some moderately priced entrees and some very expensive. I had the fish hash for about 3200 krona (28.50 USD) and it was well worth it! I was a little apprehensive about the hashed "fish Icelandic specialty" until I tried it. It was so rich and delicious! We ate here our first night in Reykjavik and nothing compared to that fish hash. My friend had the horse steak and raved it was better than beef. All in all, if you want to drop a few dollars, this is the place to do it!
Chokk Chokk
Fabulous food and service Jan 08, 2011
We had booked a table at the Trir Frakkar restaurant which is supposed to be one of the best fish restaurants in Reykjavik. The restaurant was only situated 5 minutes walk from our hotel and I was really looking forward to have some fish and just get some food because I was quite hungry.

The restaurant was located in a housing area and I would have doubted that I could have found it by walking the streets. Inside the place was really cosy and the place was almost full when we arrived: We were greeted by a nice and sweet waitress that showed us to our small table just around the corner from the main room. The tables were nicely decorated and we started with a G&T while we looked at the menu.

The dishes on the menu looked all great but after a quite long study I decided to start with a raw whale sashimi and went for the lobster and cod as a main dish. My friend Finn chose marinated raw whale with melon and horseradish sauce as a starter and fried salty cod as main course.

The food was totally fabulous in all aspects; we had even been lucky with the wine, where we had chosen a great Pouilly-Fuissé to accompany the meal.

Instead of a dessert we went for an Irish coffee as an end of the monstrous great meal we had. The meal was stunning and the service was friendly, smiling and helpful; it was truly a place to come back to again.
The wooden chef on the bar desk
The restaurant from outside
The menu
The owner on a card on the bar
NJTProadcruiser says: