21 Magyar Vendéglö Hungarian Kitchen

www.21restaurant.hu - +36 1 202 2113

21 Magyar Vendéglö Hungarian Kitchen Budapest Reviews

tirsomaldonado tirsomal…
One Michelin star next to Fishermen's Bastion May 07, 2011
It is the best restaurant we have found in Budapest. We were looking for the Café Pierrot (recommended by Lonely Planet) and we found this restaurant just in front of it! It has a beautiful terrace where you can have a nice lunch under the sun, altough you also have an indoors lounge and some of the terrace is covered by a "toldo". It has been included in the Michelin's Guide in 2011 so most probably you will not find it in any guide, not even in Lonely Planet.

We started our lunch with some drinks, actually I started with a glass of white wine. If you don´t know much about Hungarian wines I recommend you to get the House wine. I tried both, white and red and they were very good (I am quite "exigente). For starters we shared a nice salad with goat cheese and a "rebozado" egg. and a chicken salad, both very tasty and well presented (check the attached photos). For mains we went for Borjúpörkölt tarhonya..heheheh I know, I know... you need a translation... :) it is Goulash with pasta. It was amazing, I am telling you! For desserts we shared to plates, including Dobos Torta, a typical Hungarian dessert.

Service was very professional and friendly. Actually they had everything for the kid, even a high chair. And the scenario was just perfect. It is located in a "adoquinada" street between Fishermen's Bastion and the Museum of Military History. It was a Saturday and you could barely see people walking around this area.

I highly recommend you to include this restaurant in your visit to Budapest. Although it will cost you around 35€ per person, it is a must!
Chokk says:
I am trying :D
Posted on: May 09, 2011
tirsomaldonado says:
imagine the food then!! heheh awesome place... and right in one of the best spots around!
Posted on: May 09, 2011