20 Unique Things to do in Singapore Reviews
20 Unique Things to do in Singapore Mar 02, 2007
Need some new ideas as you plan your itinerary to Singapore? Surprise yourself with these new activities and places to go.
1. Savour seafood Singapore-style, including the spicy Chilli Crab, Black Pepper Crayfish and Butter Prawns for an unforgettable, lip-smacking meal.
2. Check out the unique hotels in Singapore, from the hip Gallery Hotel with its distinctive postmodern decor to Hotel 1929, a boutique hotel in Chinatown known for its funky interiors and vintage chairs.
3. Pamper yourself at the one of Asia's biggest outdoor spas, Spa Botanica and indulge yourself to a massage in a lush garden setting.
4. Try your hand at porcelain painting and create your own Chinese masterpieces at Ming Village.
5. Tee off at night, under the flood-lit fairways at Jurong Country Club or Orchid Country Club.
6. Hitch a wild ride on the amphibious half-boat, half-truck craft on a Ducktour and splash into the harbour after a city tour.
7. Snap a picture with one of Singapore's most photographed personalities, the doorman at Raffles Hotel.
8. Restore your ying and yang, or brave some of more exotic delicacies at the Imperial Herbal Kitchen, including deep fried scorpions and ants.
9. Party till the wee hours of the morning at Singapore's premier clubbing zone, Mohamed Sultan Road.
10. Get face to face with cheetahs in their enclosure on a special zoo tour. Or board a buggy for a personally-guided tour of what goes on behind the scenes at the Singapore Zoological Gardens!
11. Swim with the pink dolphins at Sentosa and experience the thrill of being a dolphin trainer for a day.
12. Dive with the Sharks at the Underwater World and meet a world of sea creatures including the rare dugong, or sea cow. Even non-certified divers can take part on this fun-filled activity!
13. Discover life in Singapore during the turbulent World War II years. Visit Changi Chapel and Museum, Johore Battery, Reflections at Bukit Chandu and Fort Siloso on Sentosa.
14. Learn how to be a falconer and handle birds of prey at the Jurong BirdPark. Or have a hearty breakfast beside a flock of pink flamingoes!
15. Catch a glimpse of the elusive Malayan Water Monitor lizard, which can grow up to 2metres, at the Sungei Buloh Wetlands Reserve.
16. Enjoy the highest high tea in Singapore at the Equinox on the 69th storey of Swissotel The Stamford and be rewarded with breathtaking views as you tuck in.
17. Sample the fiery fish-head curry served with rice on a banana leaf and have a feast the tradtional way - with your hands!
18. Indulge in retail therapy on Orchard Road, Singapore's favourite shopping street, and pick up everything from premium apparel brands and Southeast Asian antiques to the latest electronics and kitschy souvenirs!
19. Visit the world's largest fountain at Suntec and discover how you can benefit from fengshui, the ancient art of geomancy, which is integrated into its design.
20. Go shopping at 4am at Singapore's 24-hour mall, the popular Mustafa Centre and choose from over 120,000 products!
Part of the Uniquely Singapore travel blog
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!