2 Amys Neapolitan Pizzeria

www.2amyspizza.com - 202.885.5700

2 Amys Neapolitan Pizzeria Washington Reviews

HuBison HuBison
Wonderful Italy-style pizza right here in DC Aug 08, 2011
I was invited by a friend to 2 Amys and what a great decision! This place serves Neapolitan Pizza. They were on the local news a few weeks prior to my visit. In their earlier hours, they are more of a family-styled restaurant. Once 7pm or so comes around, they cater to the adult and after hours crowd. The place is not super huge, but there is a bar in the rear, a small outdoor seating area and I think they have an upstairs.

I created my own pizza and I had fresh garlic shaved onto my pizza along with mozzarella and pepperoni. The garlic was great (good thing I didn't have to kiss anyone). My pepperoni was crisp and I had to stop myself from eating it off of the pizza! Their pizzas are cooked in a wood-burning oven and it was just the right serving. They don't slice it, so you have to cut your own pizza.

Your entire party has to be there or they won't seat you cause it can get crowded in there. The waitresses are OK and there's an air of hustle and bustle in there. I felt like they quickly cleared off our table every time we were done with a plate or glass cause they were trying to get more people in and get us out of our table.

Nonetheless, you will definitely enjoy your pizza. They have a menu of creations or you can create your own. Our food didn't take long to come, but they also have small plates and appetizers. Parking on the street is a little tight, but there are a few spots in the parking lot by the supermarket for local venues. if driving, pass 2 Amys, make your first right and then you'll end up in the parking lot.

Of several places to enjoy pizza in DC, this is probably # 1 on my list. Seventh Hill pizza is # 2. Enjoy!
HuBison says:
I must say I don't often go out of my way for food, but I am yearning to go back to this place in the next few days. When you say metro-accessible, does that include the bus?
Posted on: Aug 08, 2011
alexindc says:
I just wish this place was more metro accessible! Still excellent pizza, even if I am partial to 7th Hill :)
Posted on: Aug 08, 2011