1892 East Restaurant & Tavern

www.1892east.com - 256-489-1242

1892 East Restaurant & Tavern Huntsville Reviews

e_w_richardson e_w_rich…
Blowing Your Mind in Huntsville May 04, 2013
Where do I start? How about the fact that it was named after the year in which Walt Whitman died. How about the fact that they serve almost exclusively locally sourced food. Or perhaps the fact that they have a very classy atmosphere without the need for a suit and tie. While all of these things are true, the thing I will start out with will be the beer selection. They have about a dozen craft beers on tap and for $8 you can get four 5-oz tasters. To a beer snob like myself this was just about as close as one can get to heaven. I've never quite understood why more restaurants don't do this. Back to 1892 East though, my wife got a sausage/chicken pasta dish that had a really sweet marinara sauce. I ordered a hazelnut encrusted pork dish with sauteed red potatoes, zucchini and squash and tomato combo, and a cauliflower puree. The pork was probably the best pork dish I have ever eaten. No lie! The potatoes, zucchini, and cauliflower were perfect additions. The meal was a little pricey, and due to the lack of Huntsville restaurants on TB we were forced to use a different site for recommendations. It said it was $$, when it really should have been $$$$. No worries though because like I said, the pork was mind-blowingly good. Never thought I would have the best pork ever in Alabama and it wouldn't be BBQ. The only trouble about this restaurant is that their menu is seasonal so good luck trying to replicate my pork splendor. I read the bio about the executive chef on their website though and I'm pretty sure that anything he could come up with will inspire you!
Pork!