1846 Tavern & Restaurant

www.1846tavern.com - (802) 464-5207

1846 Tavern & Restaurant West Dover Reviews

jenniescharm jenniesc…
Great Dining in West Dover, VT Jan 08, 2013
One of the best dinners I’ve had in a while was at the 1846 Tavern in West Dover, VT. The tavern and restaurant are part of the West Dover Inn. (I was staying a quick 2-min walk away at the Deerfield Valley Inn, so can’t say anything about the inn.)

The meal started out with a creamy, crunchy appetizer of sweet potato puffs – a special for the night – with a maple dipping sauce. The puffs pretty much melted in your mouth. I followed it up with Fish & Chips while my friend went with Charlie’s Chicken. My dinner included two large pieces of fish that were very tasty and had the right amount of crunch to the coating. Unfortunately I couldn’t say the same about the chips/French fries as they were a bit on the soggy side for me. I like my fries/chips to stay straight when I pick them up, not flop over. We skipped dessert as we had treats waiting in the room for us from our shopping during the day, but the warm garlic bread and olive oil was something of a treat for me since I usually eat multi-grain bread. All in all, dinner here was a great way to end a Saturday in the Green Mountains.

For those of you just looking for a place to have a drink, the small tavern features a full bar and live music from 7-10pm.

Compare Dover Hotel Rates (4km away)

1846 Tavern & Restaurant Map