13th Annual Chicago half marathon

Chicago, Illinois

13th Annual Chicago half marathon Reviews

bodtkd bodtkd
Chicago half marathon Sep 14, 2009
Challenged myself to run 13.1 miles. I never thought I'd run this far but decided to challenge myself and run with my daughter & friends. 3 months ago I couldn't run 3 miles without stopping. Knowing I needed a training program, I found one on the internet & followed it closely for 9 weeks. Race day arrived with 18,000 runners on south Lake Shore Drive. The organization behind this race was outstanding, from e-mail updates for weeks before the event to lots of gatorade and medals afterward. It was very inspiring to see so many people interested in fitness. All my training helped me finished #5,858 in that huge group of runners. Not bad for my 1st LONG run. This is actually related to traveling because all 50 states & 34 countries were represented at this run event. 1 more reason to travel across the U.S. or around the world!
bodtkd says:
I've registered for 2 new Tough Mudder events in Monterrey, Mexico. March 5, '16 and also Rockford, IL. May 21, '16.
Posted on: Dec 03, 2015
kayguarnay says:
whoa, when is your next one? i would like to try them. considering joining a Ragnar team also. so many fun activities to go sight seeing!
Posted on: Dec 02, 2015
bodtkd says:
I've getting away from these events and now involved in "Tough Mudder" events. I've done 3, my goal is 10. This is a 10-12 mile run with 24 crazy obstacles mixed in. So much fun.
Posted on: Dec 02, 2015