1291 Bed and Breakfast

1291 Bed and Breakfast Rates and Deals

1291 Bed and Breakfast New York Reviews

Tiffatron Tiffatron
If it's location you want... this is your place! Jan 15, 2011
Hotel 1291 goes under a few different variations of the name... 1291 international, hotel 1291, 1291 bed and breakfast and 1291 budget hotel. But essentially, it's just a slightly run down building in an EXCELLENT location. Considering the location, it was very affordable.

If you can look past some dust in crevises, staff who are averagely 'new york' in that they may not be too phased by your presence (no disrespect to NYers, I've met some really friendly ones!), then this hotel is worth staying at for the great location. Pretty much right between times square and central park. And, just a few doors down from the famous soup man ('no soup for you!') of seinfeld fame.

The room decor is quite amusing if you're with friends like I was, however the helicopter shaped light shade and the strange mix of colours might be un-nerving or even depressing if travelling alone! With friends, this kind of thing is just hilarious.

The low cleanliness rank was more refering to the 'long-term' cleaning, things like dust in corners, dirty window sills, a few cobwebs in high up crevises that sort of thing, the important stuff - clean sheets, toilet etc were all fine if you're not a super fussy hilton princess.

One thing to be careful of with this hotel, especially if you're a female travelling alone, is that there are actually two buildings belonging to the same hotel and they are a block apart, so I actually got dropped off by the airport bus at the wrong building. The staff didn't really seem to care but I finally firmly asked (kinda demanded) they let me use their phone to call my friends who were already at the room to come and meet me because I wasn't going to walk there alone late at night. It wasn't dire, but just something to be aware of, double check which building you'll be in!

All in all I'd recommend this hotel for a group of friends (we had 3 of us, 2 in a queen bed and one on a sofa-bed) who are in town to party, shop, eat and see cool stuff!
TRENDscout TRENDsco…
centrally located hostel Mar 26, 2011
I was in the 1291 for one night. The location is just in walking distance to times square. I loved the Swiss staff.

Would def recommend that place to stay in NY.

Check 1291 Bed and Breakfast Rates and Deals