111 Minna Street Gallery

111 Minna Street, San Francisco, CA, USA

111 Minna Street Gallery San Francisco Reviews

worldcitizen worldcit…
Oct 20, 2007
111 Minna Gallery is gallery and a club. To be honest I didn't pay much attention to the art but I was tearing up the dance floor and I had a ton of fun here. The cover was $5 which isn't too bad. We first walked into to a big open space with a bar, artwork and cool seating areas. There was a DJ playing good music but no one was dancing in that room, just socializing.

Around the corner was another large room and a different DJ and everyone was dancing. The music was awesome... it was pretty much a mix of party songs from my middle school, high school and college days. However cheesy they may be, I firmly believe that the best party songs came from the mid 90s to the mid 2000s and this is what I want to hear when I go out ;) It was never too crowded to dance and the club had a really fun vibe.

Around 1:30 they started to turn off the music in the dance floor when everyone was still have a good time and not ready to end the party. The music was still going on in the other room so people were still hanging out, mingling and discussing the 2008 elections. They were playing some Bob Marley and other cool stuff so everyone started dancing again... or maybe it was just me ;) Eventually they got us outside and everyone was still hanging around talking about the elections, hahaha.

I don't think this place is marked but it's easy to find because the name of the club is the address and you'll spot the smoker crowd hanging out in front when you walk up. Aside from it being shut down too early this place is a ton of fun and I'll definitely go back. Also, I never had to wait long for the women's bathroom and the floor wasn't completely disgusting by the end of the night!

Check San Francisco Hotel Deals